Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Aaron M Sturgess Interview - You never feel more alive than when you are killed on The Walking Dead
Thank you Aaron M Sturgess for your spontaneous commitment for the Fans of The-Entertainment-junkie.de
How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead as one of the Whisperer?
I started on TWD at the beginning of season nine as a walker. Having worked with them on every episode they noticed and appreciated those of us that were there to work and steadily available when needed. Those of that were loyal to the show were given the honor of becoming Whisperers as we moved into Season 10
- Aaron , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to your casting to The Walking Dead? I was a huge fan of the comics and I am impressed with how close the show has stayed to the original writing.
- When you watched TWD the first time did you ever think that you would be a part in this series some day?
I never thought that was even a possibility, like pretending I could be in Star Wars. Prior to moving to Georgia, my wife influenced me to get into acting and always said I would make a great zombie. I thought she was just being sweet. She helped to get cast on the show and has always been my biggest cheerleader. She deserves the credit for me making it on to the show.
- Working with Samantha Morton, Ryan Hurst or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys? Samantha Morton is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I remember on the day that she delivered her most famous line, “ I am Alpha”. Between takes she and a few of us were picking up crystals off the ground and there was a double rainbow that day. I remember her saying, ”There are crystals everywhere and a rainbow! This place is magical!” We Whisperers would call her Mamma Alpha. She would come over to where we were from where the main cast were and said “I just wanted to come check on my babies.” She is a sweetheart.
I was the Whisperer that Daryl killed with an axe in the episode that he and Beta Fought. Between takes Ryan and Norman were telling jokes and having a blast. My first time to get killed was by Andy. He was so down to Earth and stayed in character and accent the whole time. After he killed me with his hatchet I the episode with the rolling logs, he came over, put out his hand and helped me off the ground and told me “Good death, mate!” On the episode when Cailey (Judith) gets her first kill, I was the walker that grabbed her leg , then Danai (Michonne) planted her katana in my head. While they were setting up the scene, I apologized to Cailey (Judith) for having to grab her, she sweetly grinned and said “That’s okay, it’s just pretend.” It is true when people who have worked on the show say, “It is a family.” It really is. Getting to be part of this set and working with Nicotero and all of these amazing people was the experience of a lifetime.
- How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
Being completely covered kept my identity stay well hidden so I’m not recognized. Some of the places I would shop knew I was on the show so I felt like a small town celebrity. TWD has greatly influenced my life, the TWD family that I will always be part of is a close, loving, and supportive group whom I love and care for deeply
- Many Actors work not only as Whisperer, have you worked in more than just one role?
I started as a Walker and loved every second of it. That was before there were Whisperers. I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat!
- You also worked in other Series like MacGyver, right?
Yes. MacGyver was a fun one. Lucas Till is very talented. I have also been on Stranger Things as a Russian Scientist Creepshow as a reanimated corpse
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
I’m looking forward to the release of a few music videos that I was in I am the Monster in “A Monster in the House” by Dustin Weible and I play the role of a underground doctor in an upcoming film about hitmen.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans to know?
Working on The Walking Dead is like the darkest and most twisted summer camp ever, some of the best memories of my life. For example, if a friend was to say, “I’m going to die today” you would probably respond “Really?! OH NO! I’m so sorry!” It would be terribly sad and you would comfort them and show them love. If between scenes a walker on The Walking Dead tells you, “I’m going to die today” the response was, “Really?! HELL YEAH! Congrats Man, that rocks!” we all got excited for them and showed them love.
LOL I had my lucky mask #1138, I got killed the first time in that mask by Rick on his last episode. That mask got me killed a few times when I wasn’t in full prosthetics, I miss that mask. I have been killed so many times on that show, and it is a blast every time. by Magna on her first appearance by Eugene with a spear when Walkers attacked Alexandria by Rick with his hatchet (the scene with the rolling logs) by Daryl with an axe (as a Whisperer) in the fight between Daryl and BETA by Michonne when she was defending Jesus in the cemetery and when I grabbed Judith’s leg and multiple times in the attack on hilltop as both a Walker and Whisperer Ironically, you never feel more alive than when you are killed on The Walking Dead
- Thank you Aaron for your time and i hope to see you one day in Germany too.