Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Angelique Winter Poppaea - The Mother of the Light Interview
Ring name: Angelique Winter Poppaea
Date of birth: N/A
Birth place: Beyond the Forest
Trained by: Lou Gotti Sterrett /Lil Tony- DFW All Pro Wrestling
Finishers/ Signature Moves: DDT, Sitdown Clothline, Spinning Heel Kick, Twist of Faith
Homepage: Facebook/Youtube: Angelique Winter Poppaea Instagram/Twitter: MissAWPoppaea
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
Thank you for having me!
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
The Mother of The Light always had the desire to get into professional wrestling, just always looking for the opportunity. I heard that there was going to be a show that was going to happen in the area that I was at that moment, so I decided to go check it out. It was in Fort Worth, TX at The Rail Club, and it was VIP(X) present “Death By Design. They had Keith Lee, New Jack, Jessica James, and many other amazing talents on the card. I fell in love with the show, and made it my duty to find a wrestling school. I manage to have a conversation with Ty Wilson (Radical Athlete/DOT Mob), and he told me about “DFW All-Pro Wrestling”. He gave me the school information, I looked them up on Facebook, sent them a message, and the rest is history.
- Did you family and friends support your decission or were they rather sceptic? My family and friends back in my homeland are very supportive.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Of course, let's just say that it was pretty interesting to say the least. Before you can officially join the school, you have to go through a tryout trial to learn some of the basic. I remember it being me and another guy. There were some things that I was able to get right on, until the bumping part came, which I told my trainer before we started, that I had a fear of. I heard stories of it hurting a lot, and to this day I still hate the sound it makes. Luckily, my trainer was very patience and helpful to get me through it, besides the fact that I wasn’t his official student yet. The Mother of The Light was very sore the next day.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?Were you nervous?
Extremely nervous! The day went bad before the show started. I was extremely nervous, and my gear didn’t come out on how I wanted. My match was against Dangerous Kira, and we were the first women’s match at DFW All-Pro Wrestling, so there was a lot of pressure. Plus, it was a weird feeling, because I was actually going to wrestle in a ring, in front of the crowd. It was amazing!
- Angelique ,Mother of the Light, is there a story behind this Gimmick? Not a gimmick at all, it’s who I am. What you see, is what you get.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
Already had my dream match with Faye Jackson just a couple of weeks ago, but would love to work with her again, especially since I lost. But I would love to work Lufisto, Su Yung, Kiera Hogan, Aja Perea, Double D'Rose, Angel Williams, Rosemary, Jazz, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedes Martinez, I actually have a quite a big list.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes?
Not kissing ass at all, but I do look up to my trainer Lou Gotti Sterrett, not only is he a wrestler, a trainer, a promoter of two show, he’s really is my big inspiration to kickass in this industry, everything he does he gives it 110% and for the love of the business. I also look up to Undertaker, Lufisto, Cheerleader Melissa, Aja Perea, Kiera Hogan, Melina, Cheerleader Melissa, La Rosa Negra, MsChif, Daizee Haze and many others. Being influence by ring style can be by any individual, besides the fact that I would be consider big by my size, my style is pretty diverse.
- On Facebook i saw a photo with a championship belt, which one is/was it?
I have a feeling that you’re talking about Faye Jackson holding the Brii Combination Women’s Wrestling belt. I haven’t won any gold yet, but planning on winning some pretty soon.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
Hmm… whenever I’m with my DFW All-Pro Wrestling family, regardless if were on the road, in the ring, at a show or at some random place, there always laughing involved, so I don’t really have anything specific. I do have a road story, but it’s a bit depressing. After experiencing an amazing Shimmer weekend, I was riding the Blue Line train in Chicago to the airport with a fellow trainee to return to Dallas. Sadly, we didn’t make it to the airport (by the train) because a gentleman jumped in front of it. Even for a Goddess, that was stressful experience, especially since I was in the first cart. I kept thinking about that man for two weeks, and was hoping he’s soul was at peace besides the circumstances. That was the first time I was near a mortal death.
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you? You can contact me at BookAngeliqueWPoppaea@gmail.com I can also be reach by social media.
- Thank you ver much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
Thank you for having me, this was an amazing experience. I just want to tell all my fans to thank you so much for the support, and I hope to continue to entertain you.