Ashley America Interview
Ring name: Ashley America
Date of birth: 12-27-1987
Birth place: York, Pennsylvania
Trained by: Eddie Valentine, Josef Von Schmidt, Blue Meanie, Bill Wiles, QT Marshall, Punishment Martinez, Delerious, Cheeseburger, Will Ferrara
Finishers/ Signature Moves: The Bear Trap, The Snake Charmer, Chi Tree,Bow and Arrow Punch
Homepage: Twitter - @AshleyAmeri Facebook - Ashley America
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling? My friends had a backyard wrestling show that they would film my senior year of high school, I would go watch (it wasn’t anything dangerous, more based on characters and story lines) and then we all started watching Smackdown together. I went from being a skeptic to the most wrestling-obsessed of the group. My first favorite wreslers were Edge, Jeff Hardy, The Spirit Squad and DX.
As for training, I started in 2012 at a barn near my house. I was having some self-worth issues and needed something to do to keep myself motivated. Some friends were saying I should do roller derby and I decided if I was going to to anything like that I would be wrestling. I had no athletic background when I started training.
- Did you family and friends support your decission or were they rather sceptic? It was a mixture. My parents really hated it. Some of my friends really pushed me to do it, others made fun of me.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes, it was a crip fall evening in a barn, the ring was covered in bat droppings which needed to be swept off daily. The ring was also a boxing ring which was sinking into the ground. All I was allowed to do was take back bumps, over and over and over (it went on like that for a while) so I would go home sore and sleep on a heating pad. They tried to make me quit. It didn’t work.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?Were you nervous?
I was very nervous. The girl I was wrestling bullied me too so that didn’t help.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others? If I could hop in a time machine I would want to wrestle Johnny Saint, Bret Hart, or Curt Henning. I love what’s going on in the UK so to do a tour over there would be awesome, and of course all the ladies in the WWE are amazing.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhood heroes?
I enjoy catch wrestling, world of sport, 80’s style wrestling, I love the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man. I mean, there’s just so much variety.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share? It’s usually just me....
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you?
Facebook - Ashley America
- Thank you ver much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
Thank you for all the support!! Contact me on any of my social media if you wanna buy a T-shirt, bandana, or 8x10