Ashley Vega Interview - I would love to step in the ring with Kasey Owens, Sammii Jayne and Viper
Ring name: Ashley Vega
Date of Birth: 26/08/2000
Birth place: Glasgow, Scotland
Debut: 23rd December 2016
Trained by Kid Fite and Sammii Jayne
Finishers/Signatures: Trip to Vegas (Straight Jacket Backbreaker) Straight jacket neckbreaker, Roundhouse kick
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce
talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I got into wrestling because of my older brother, he was a massive wrestling fan and so I always grew up around it and from the first time I saw the women wrestle, I was obsessed and just wanted to do what they did. I was about 6 years old when I first started watching wrestling.
- Did you family and friends support your decission or were they rather sceptic?
My family where always confused as to why I wanted to wrestle in all honesty and still are, it took my mum some persuasion to allow me to start training as I was quite young at the time. My friends weren't supportive of me and due to that I lost them as they would always make fun of me for it. But I've met some friends for life in wrestling which makes up for that.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes I can still remember what a bag of nerves I was my first few weeks of training, I was very shy and took me some time to build my confidence. When I debuted I was also very nervous, I was worried about so much but as soon as I got out there I had the time of my life, it's a experience I'll always remember.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
I have a few people I'd like to wrestle and also opponents I'd like to have the chance to wrestle again, but I would love to step in the ring with Kasey Owens, Sammii Jayne and Viper as I think they would be a great competitors and they both have had a lot of success not only in the UK that I look up to and wrestling them would be a great learning experience for me.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes?
Growing up I loved watching Trish Stratus and Mickie James, watching them really got me invested in wrestling and I just idolised them as a child, I would always watch there matches back on repeat and was so entertained not only by the matches but the stories they would tell through their wrestling. I was so fascinated with it.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
Well I do have a funny story from a show that has always stuck with me and remember so well, me and Angel Hayze where getting ready for a show in the toilets at a venue and fans where about to come in whilst we where changing so we ran into a cubicle and I dropped half my wrestling gear down the toilet, I just stared down in shock. I then had to borrow extra gear from Angel (thank god she had it). Our faces when we realised what I done is something I'll always remember.
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you?
You can contact me via email: AshleyVegaUK@outlook.com or Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook @AshleyVegaUK
- Thank you ver much for your time