Bob Melton Interview The Walking Dead
Bob Melton is an actor, known for Medical Detectives and The Walking Dead.
- How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead as an Hilltop Resident / Hilltop Blacksmith?
I had already done a lot of work with the extra Casting agent and they knew me. When they posted a casting call for folks who were outdoorsy I submitted for it. They didn’t say what it was for. They selected me and it was the beginning of season 7 when they were looking for people to use at the new Hilltop community. Then every time they were shooting there I got called to work. Been there ever since. This season I was there when they burnt it down. Then in the tower at the end.
This is a shot of Negan and me. I am on the left sitting down sharpening my knife. This is the last scene I did in season 10. Not sure when we will start shooting season 11 with this virus shutdown.
- Bob , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting to The Walking Dead?
No, I had never watched the show before, but I was aware of it and how popular it is.
- Working with Andrew Lincoln, Jeffrey Dean Morgan or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
All Of the actors are great to work with. I have become good friends with several of them, and close friends with many of my fellow Hilltop extras. The only main one that I have not connected with is Norman/Daryl. He is not friendly with most extras. Carol (Melissa McBride) and a couple of others are very nice. I have gotten to be good friends with the two that I did a scene in episode 15 season 9 where we were singing and playing guitar together at a fair. Alden(McCallen) and Dan Fogler. Can’t think of his character name right now. Both great guys.
- How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you
go outside unrecognized ?
It has had s significant affect on me. It is a very physically demanding job. Lots of activity in the hot summer sun. Long hours and tough conditions. I have had to be in shape and ready from r anything. I don’t have any problem in public. Very few people recognize me from the show.
- How did your family react when they found out that you were playing in The Walking Dead?
All of my family was very impressed even though most were not fans of the show, but my youngest son and his wife are very big fans of the show, and they were always asking about it. I never gave the plots away though
- In how many season´s or episode´s you worked in TWD?
I have worked four seasons on the show, and season 11 will be my 5th
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series
outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
I am not working on anything right now. We don’t even have any idea when we will begin shooting season 11 of TWD. This virus has everything in limbo
- 2005 as you worked as Sheriff you was in a "Medical Detectives" episode. What can you tell us about?
That was a long time ago and I don’t really remember anything significant about that show. I have been in over 100 so they run together. I have played sheriffs, FBI, GBI, and detectives many times. It has all been great.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
I just hope we can get back to work on season 11 TWD soon. They say we will still shoot a full season and get things back to normal in a month or so. I have enjoyed it all and really look forward to the future, and hope to make it to see you in Germany!
- Thank you Bob Melton for your time and i hope to see you one day in Germany too.
Thanks for the opportunity!!!