Ring Name: Charli Evans
Date Of Birth: 2/2/1997
Birth Place: NSW, Australia
Debut: December 2014
Trained by: Adam Hoffman, Jack Bonza, Madison Eagles, Robbie Eagles, Mick Moretti.
Finishers/Signature Moves: Stroke, Spinebuster.
Homepage: (or FB,Twitter) Facebook: Charli Evans / Twitter: @Charli_Evans1 / IG: @charli_evans
-Thank you for your spontaneous commitment and being a part of "The Global Indy Pro Wrestling World Tour 2016/2017. Can you introduce yourself please? My name is Charli Evans, I am 19 years old from Sydney, Australia and I have been wrestling for 2 and a half years.
-When and how was your first time you came into contact with wrestling?
Around 2005 was the first time I actually remember seeing wrestling on TV but I didn't get super into it until 2008 when my cousins started sending me wrestling DVDs.
-What is your family thinking of your passion for the sport, are they worried about your health? It took them a little while to come around to the idea but they are so supportive of me and they understand that this is my passion and I am in love with this. I was a nationally ranked downhill skateboarder prior to starting wrestling training, so they know I've always loved the trill of risk taking.
- What can you say about your Coach and how long did it take, that it was clear for you to do the first match? I have a few coaches. I started my training at The House of Free Fighting in Newcastle, Australia under the amazing lead of Adam Hoffman and Jack Bonza - I owe those two everything, they gave me my start and taught me the right way. They also allowed me to become Adams manager and join the Four Nations so that gave me a bunch of experience in front of a crowd and taught me how to interact with people before actually wrestling in front of them.
I also train at the PWA Academy, my trainers there are Madison Eagles who is hands down the best female wrestler in the world, I'm so lucky to be under her guidance as she knows so much and can give a female point of view as well as our bodies sometimes work a little different to males, Robbie Eagles who is the most supportive person I've ever met, I cannot thank him enough for the influence he has had on me, his passion for wrestling is so inspiring and pushes me harder and Mick Moretti who is ridiculously encouraging even when I don't believe in myself.
- At one point you had your wrestling debut, your first match – how long did it take you to get there, how do you remember it? I did! My debut came 8 months into my training and thankfully I'm had the amazing Shazza McKenzie to guide me through it. Having someone with experience helped so much.
- You work for Indy Pro Wrestling Companys in Australia , what can you tell us about some of this? Wrestling in Australia is some of the best in the world and I wish we had more exposure to the rest of the world because they would be in ore of the talent we have in the country (I highly recommend checking out Newcastle Pro Wrestling and PWA Australia on YouTube and MCW of Vimeo). I've been lucky enough to wrestle for some of the top companies in the country but I still have a few to tick off my list l.
- How would you describe an Wrestling Fans from an other Country the Wrestling Events in your Land?? They have a great dynamic and a variety of styles - a lot of Australians have traveled overseas so we have a bunch of styles all mixed into one. Australian wrestling is on the rise and as I mentioned before, check it out on YouTube and Vimeo!
-You are the youngest PWWA Champion, how does it feel with this Special Title?
It was incredibly special to know that PWA trusted both Jessica and I to hold the belt. It was also special because I get to share the belt and the moment that we won with my best friend.
- What goals do you still have, would a major contract be interesting for you or do you feel well in the Indy area? Currently my main goal is to get as good as I possibly can and get to SHIMMER within the next few years and of course a contract would be the end goal but first I want as much experience as I can possibly get to learn and grow as a wrestler.
- Every wrestler tries to gain international experience, to travel to many countries. Which country you would love to visit next and wrestle? And do you had the time to make some sightseeing in other Countrys? I haven't traveled to any other countries yet but the top of my list is America, followed by the UK and Japan.
-When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you? By email firstname.lastname@example.org! Book me, you won't regret it!
-Is there anything else you would like to let the World Wrestling Fans and your fans know? Check me out of prowrestlingtees.com/charlievans and if you want to see me in your town let your local company know!!! Thank you guys for all the support - it means the world.
Thank you very much for your time and all the best for the future and maybe see you someday in Germany! I hope so! Thank you!!