Claudia Bradstone - I am a huge Attitude Era fan
Ring name: Claudia Bradstone
Date of birth: 1.4.93
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Birth place: Lisbon, Portugal
Trained by: Red Eagle
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Texas Cloverleaf, Spear
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling? When I was a kid I thought the only way I could become a trainee was to move to New York... for some weird reason. Probably because I had never heard of wrestling in Portugal. Then I learned there was a school nearby my house after many attempts of finding one.
- Did your family and friends support your decision or were they rather sceptic?
When I asked my parents if I could join they told me they needed some time to think. They were super scared and didnt let me join right away. Had to wait around 4/5 months before I could convince them. I was 15 and had never done any other combat sport before. Still years later my dad has never seen me wrestle because of that same fear. My grandma wishes I didn't do it. She's pretty conservative but I get her. But overall everybody in my family wants to see me succeed, most are just scared for my well being.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
I walked into this room full of people surrounding the ring and they introduce me to Shanna right away. They told me who she was and what she had done (I had no idea what was going on in the portuguese scene). I was like immediatly starstuck to be honest. Then they put me in a crash mat doing all of these things I MAY HAD tried doing before with my friends on floors and matresses. Like bumps and stuff.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?Were you nervous?
I literally don't remember my first match. The only parts I remember are parts I saw in pictures that made me remember this or that. Have never watched the match. I remember I was scared to death and I remember how it ended. The rest is a huge dark blank.
- Do you have a 'dream opponent' you want to fight above all others?
Of course. I have got more than one. The more realistic one would be Jazz, cause she's still wrestling. Victoria as well, but she's retiring soon, so I already know that won't happen. If I had the superpower to bring someone back from retirement would probably be Manami Toyota. Or Lita.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes? All of the above. Lita, Manami, Jazz, Victoria. I am a huge Attitude Era fan. My favorite male wrestler is Chris Jericho and has always been him. HHH, Kurt Angle, Eddie, even Test. We don't get to hear about Test much nowadays. I used to love his in-ring style. All of them have influenced me in some way. At the beggining I thought I was going to be a high flyer cause at that time I was really into the cruiserweights as well, found out about the old WCW cruserweight division. All of that put together and being Lita and Jericho my favorites I thought I would be doing Lionsaults 6 times per match. Maybe in my next life.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
My tag team partner is the best. I love travelling with Nelson, specially if he's the one driving. Not long ago we were driving towards north of Portugal. He usually misses exits but this one took us to a 13 km bridge. To be fair we had a police car right on our side and he didnt want to overtake the police. So they kinda blocked us. Then we had to drive another 30 minutes after the bridge until we could get somewhere we could turn around. So it probably took us 1h30m to get back to where we were in the first place. And we still had a 4 hour drive ahead of us. In that same day there was a hurricane passing Portugal and we almost ran out of gas trying to find a gas station that didn't have a blocked entrance/that actually existed not just on the gps but in real life. Great times.
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you?
Directly message me on Facebook at Claudia Bradstone Freitas / laulaulucha on Instagram / RagingBradstone on Twitter. Let's do this!
- Thank you very much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
Thank you for allowing me to do what I love the most. Have had the most incredible year. Thank you for your faith in me and commitment. I am working very hard so I can make you proud.