Dana Lee Rampy portrays a Savior, and later a Kingdom resident on The Walking Dead.
- Thank you Dana Lee Rampy for your spontaneous commitment for the Fans of The-Entertainment-junkie.de
Thank you for the opportunity!
- How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead as Savior?
In 2017 I answered a Facebook post. It asked for individuals who were familiar with firearms. I am a retired police officer so I am very familiar with all types of firearms and was chosen as one of four Saviors who were on set that day. It was the season 8 mid-season finale episode where Rick was again betrayed by the Heapsters and was pinned down with gunfire from the Sanctuary. After that I was called back multiple times to be a Savior.
- Dana , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to your casting to The Walking Dead?
I have always been a huge fan of the show but have never read the comics. I regret that now, thinking of reading them soon.
- When you watched TWD the first time do you ever think that you will be a part in this series some day?
I wanted to be but never thought the opportunity would arise. I had always heard that it was hard to get a part but once you had been on the show, it was pretty easy. I found that to be true.
- Working in The Walking Dead will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
I have worked on many major productions from Televsion and Movies including Black Panther and Avengers, the TWD cast and crew have by far been the easiest and best. It really is like a family and even the background actors such as myself are treated like we belong. Working with Greg Nicotero has been an absolute dream come true. Such a great guy with so much talent!
- You had just a little part but how much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
My friends and family are impressed lol. I think being on TWD has helped me to understand the business better than anything has because we work so close with the cast and crew.
- I read in another Interview that you played in nearly 12 episodes of the Walking Dead,thats right?
I can't remember when it was that I gave that interview but so far this season, season 10, I have appeared in at least 5 more I believe. I recieved word today that I might have made an appearance in the Season 10 trailer that will be releasing soon. Super excited about that!
- Do you have any interesting or funny stories from your time on the set?
One of my favorite moments from last season is when Norman Reedus asked me to help him tie up his poncho. We were in the middle of fleeing the Kingdom and were filming in the middle of a field with the horses. Someone taps my arm and says "Hey, is this in right?". It was Norman and I helped him tie it correctly. There are a few stories from this current that I will have to save for later.
- Is there a dreamrole or actor/actress you would love to work in/with?
I would love to have a bigger role on TWD but my dream role would be to play Janis Joplin in a movie. I am currently the lead singer for a rock band called the Groove Gypsies.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
I have just filmed a couple independent films. "To Bloom at Night" and "High Stakes Game." I will also be directing the stage adaptation of "The Lion in Winter" this November.
- You work also as RadioHost/Voiceover?
Yes, I have been in radio off and on for almost three decades. I am currently not on air but I still do voice over work.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
I would just like to say that I appreciate the support and that I am just as big a fan as you all are!
- Thank you Dana Lee Rampy for your time and i hope to see you and Sarah one day in Germany too.
Would love that!!