David Haun Interview - The Walking Dead
How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead as a Savior?
I answered an ad on facebook. I follow several casting companies. They were looking for a big mean looking guy; I submitted and got an email the next day.
- Dave, did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to your casting to The Walking Dead?
I am a huge fan of the show. I’ve been watching since day one. I haven’t read any of the comics.
- When you watched TWD the first time do you ever think that you will be a part in this series some day?
No, I didn’t even think it was possible. Until I meet a guy that had been a walker. He was the tour guide with Atlanta Movie Tours. He told me what casting companies to follow.
- Working with "King" Ezekiel, Jeffrey Dean Morgan or one of the Main cast Members will be
a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
I’ve worked with Khary Payton, Lennie James, Cooper Andrews, Jayson Warner Smith, Kerry Cahill and Joshua Mikel. They are exceptionally nice. They treated the background actors like equals. They made it fun on set.
- How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized?
Watching TWD has made me think more about being prepared for disasters. I was on seasons 7 and 8. When they first aired, I would be recognized occasionally. It was surreal. Lol
- What does you feel when you see yourself for the first time on the fan made "Dead Cards"?
It was very cool. I never thought that I would be on something like that. I was very honored.
- Dave you not only an actor, you also a Deputy Sheriff, that’s right?
Yes. I have been in Law Enforcement for over 28 years. I also served 10 years in the US Army. I deployed once to Iraq.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series
outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal? Unfortunately No, I haven’t had the opportunity to work on anything right now. I am a School Resource Officer and Most of the filming takes place during my work hours.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
I appeared on season 1 of The Gifted. And I always enjoy meeting fellow fans of TWD. We are truly a family. And I truly appreciate all of the support that I have received.