Diego Davila-Rivera - Interview - Stuntman , Whisperer and Avi Nash Double
Diego Davila-Rivera is a stuntman trained at international stunt school in Seattle born in Texas raised in Puerto Rico currently in Georgia. He specializes in free running, martial arts such as Brazilian martial arts jujitsu
- How did you get your job as stuntman in the AMC Series The Walking Dead ?
I was fortunate to get the job by starting as a background actor and getting a chance to talk to Monty the stunt coordinator for TWD, after a couple times working in the series Joshua a great stunt performer contacted me to be the stunt double for Avi Nash.
- Diego , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting to The Walking Dead?
Yes i watched the show, not read the series yet but the more i was in the series the more i wanted to watch and read it.
- Working with Avi Nash, Samantha Morton or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
Working with a talented cast was a blessing ill always be thankfull to have had that chance specially just starting in the film industry, Working with Avi Nash was great and fun experience when we first met he was professional and respectful as we talked i told him im from puerto rico he started speaking Spanish to me and after that through out the whole day we were speaking my native tongue i though that was really nice of him.
- How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you
go outside unrecognized ?
The show did influence my stunt career for the better, as a stunt performer its rare to get recognized but yes i can go out unrecognized.
- You also played a Whisperer in The Walking Dead , thats right?
Thats correct i did play a whisperer for couple of episodes and it was exciting. I was looking forward for the whisperer arc, make up effects did an amazing job putting all those marks together.
- In how many season´s or episode´s you worked in TWD?
Im gratefully to have worked seasons 9,10 and 11 as walker, whisperer, and stunt doubling Avi Nash.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series
outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
Unfortunately currently most productions have paused, but will be coming back up soon. For now is to keep up training for the next job.
- On Facebook i see a photo thats show you "on fire" for work. Did you ever get hurt?
When i did my fire burn i was not harmed do to the amount of safety i had and the trust i have in the stunt team it was almost impossible for me to get hurt.
- Is there any dream role or actor/actress you would loved to work in the future?
My goal is to be Justice smith stunt double and i would love to work with Jackie chan or work on any super hero movie.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
we apreaciate all the love and support the fans have given the show, We look forward into making more. And if theres any fans of mine feel free to reach out introduce yourself.
- Thank you Diego Davila-Rivera for your time and i hope to see you one day in Germany too.
Thank you Bernd for having me
And definitely looking forward to visiting germany.