Gary Alan Dodds is an actor, known for The Walking Dead and Escape Plan 2.
- Thank you being my guest Gary Alan Dodds.
Thank you for the interest Bernd.
- How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead ?
I received an Email from a local casting company that I had applied to months prior, and I responded immediately. From the location and wardrobe it was clear to me that it was for TWD.
- Gary , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting as Savior to The Walking Dead?
I did not watch the show but my Cousin in England did, She was a big fan as many of the actors are Brits. She spoke of the show often and said " You live in Georgia, why dont you get an extra gig on TWD?" Next thing I'm with theSaviors, 200 deep, Negan says " So....We Are Going To War "
I ended up binge watching and became a fan of the show.
- Working with Tom Payne , Lennie James or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
They are all highly trained professionals and getting to watch them go through the process, getting into character and working with the other cast and crew is intense. Some scenes have take after take and the intensity and emotion is captivating.
Then the Director says "Cut, that was great ! let's try it again from another angle" Twenty minutes go as the new shot is set up and then they get to draw upon their gut wrenching emotions once again. It is amazing to watch the actors and crew do all of that all the things they accomplish daily.
- In how many season´s or episode´s you worked in TWD ?
Three or four at most, 8-14 was the last episose, Rick, Morgan and the Walkers did us Saviors in.
- - Please finish the following sentence: “Looking back at working on The Walking Dead .....
I learned that you can't make a great show without a great crew. The PA's, lights, camera, SFX. Stunts, hair, make up, van drivers, bus drivers, wardrobe, casting , catering , all the Background . There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that nobody ever sees. They are there before the talent get there and after they leave so so seriously, all those credits at the end of a show or movie are well deserved.
- TWD was just a step in your career, you also worked in Steven C. Miller´s "Escape Plan 2" with Sylvester Stallone and WWE Star Batista. What can you tell us about?
Escape Plan 2 was filmed at Eagle Rock Studios, The place is HUGE ! Day one we in the Hades Prison in our convict wardrobe and dirty face paint, and Stallone just comes up outta nowhere and hits me with his shoulder. " Hey Paisan, you look like a coal miner" Right off the bat he was funny and down to earth, joking with all of us. We had to work out a big fight scene with all the stunt guys and Sly. He grabbed me and told we which way to throw him if he landed on me. It was , Rocky telling me how to throw him to the ground lol.
We had James Lew, Stunt Coordinator settinig it all up, and Steven C. Miller running the show. Steven is no nonsense and likes to get it done right the first time. Batista was onset with us one day but did no scenes on the Hades set with our crew.
- Is there any dream role or actor/actress you would loved to work in the future?
- Are you currently working in this Covidtime on anything interesting Movie or Series
outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
A group of BG from TWD worked on a project by GaryS Brock & Joel Steven of MCP, called Suttersville, it was filmed here in Georgia. Check it out at MountainCrestProductions on FB.
- Thank you Gary Alan Dodds for your time and i hope to see you one day in Germany too.
Thanks for having me Bernd, Stay Safe.