Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Jay Woodley is an American Actor known for his work in AMC´s "The Walking Dead"
- Jay ,How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead ?
I submitted my head shots and photos about 30 times before production cast me
- Which part did you play in the series?
I started of as a savior and later became a hilltopper
- Did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to your casting to The Walking Dead?
I was a huge fan of the graphic novel first. My uncle and I used to go to the comic shop almost weekly to get comics. Right before he got sick with cancer I picked up the first issue off the rack because he told me to find something new. It was the last book he bought me and I've been a hard-core fan every since I read the 1st issue
- Working in The Walking Dead will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working inside the Series?
My first day on set was like a dream. We were filming the final battle with negan and Rick. Getting into costume and being literally next to characters I love was an overwhelmingly happy expierence for me. I wasn't just read the stories or watching then anymore. I was living it. Then when we filmed the rest of season 8 and 9 at the studio it was a very mind blowing experience to walk around sanctuary and hill top and ocean side.
Lol I even took a few naps in sanctuary.
After we finished the first week of season 9 I got the saviors logo tattooed on my chest.
- Jay , did you get killed inside the show and if so, who killed you in which role?
My character is very much alive and well.
- You had just little part´s in the show but many of them. How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
The show changed my life for the better. I got to for life long friendships with my cast mates and fans, I've gotten to travel all over to meet fans. And I wear my dixon wings everywhere I go. My friends (before I was on the show) always said I reminded them of daryl and that I was a guardian angel. So I wear my wings with pride and to the point fans and friends now gift me wings.
I get recognized every once in a while but not too much
- You not only an actor you also Owner & Lead Designer bei Woodley Special Effects LLC. What can you tell us about?
On too of acting, I'm also a stunt man and of course a special fx artist. I got interested in special effects when I was 5. My uncle was an fx artist and I wanted to grow up like him. My company has done a number of small films but we are best known for our work with the military as experts in battle field training makeup and effects. I've been consulting the military on special effects and moulage makeup for almost 10 years
- Is there any dream role or actor/actress you would loved to work in the future?
I really want to do a cheesy over the top action movie but, I am currently in production on a western that starts filming in June.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
That I appreciate the love and support I get from everyone. I wouldn't be where I'm at or done the things I've gotten to do without out them.
I also want them to know they can do anything they put thier minds to and to never stop trying.
- Thank you being my guest Jay Woodley and best wishes for the future. I hope to see you one day in Germany.
Thank you very much for the interview! Have a great rest of your day!