Jazz Lanka Interview
Ring name: JAZZ LANKA
Date of birth: 2nd of march 1992
Weight: 47 kilos
Birth place: sri lanka
Trained by: 2009 - 2011 at the APC CATCH
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Salida del sol and SOS
Homepage: https://www.instagram.com/jazz_lanka/?hl=fr (instagram)
Facebook : Jazz Lanka LK
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce
talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
Thanks to you !
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I get into Pro Wrestling when in 2009, I was 17 years old. I trained at APC CATCH near Paris.
I did lot of sports in my little life, ma parents give me that chance. Once I was in Holidays with my family, i think I was 8 years old. My brother and I watched at the evening a wrestling Show on television.
We were impressed ! But that's it. few years later, my brother search for a wrestling school near paris, he found it APC CATCH. With he's friend, they did training and all that.
I was doing fencing, atheltism that kind of sport.
They were so happy so they came to me and ask me to go with them, to get a wrestling lesson.
I was like "... why ? this is fake !!"
I follow them, I did a Wrestling lesson at APC CATCH and guess what ...It was awesome ! I was really impressed by the fact that, one sport but such complicate, you have to get a character, you have to be good in the ring, make your move sets etc.
After that training I said to myself "Yeah...I want to do that sport !"
- Did you family and friends support your decission or were they rather sceptic?
Well my Brother was happy for me, because he said to me that I was good in that kind of sport. But my parents, other brother and sister....They were so mad at me.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
My first training like I said at the first question it was at the APC SCHOOL near Paris. We trained 4 hours. I thought I can go in the ring and just do what I want, but no ^^, they"re rules, before get into a ring you have to train physically, you have to learn how to fall and all that.
That was not easy at all.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?Were you nervous?
I was pretty nervous yes, because I was young. I was 17 years old at my first match. I did want to despoint the crowd.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
My dream match...Alpha Female or Ember Moon.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes?
In my Childhood : The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy
I still love them ^^, but now I have to add on my list Ember Moon. What a Woman :) !
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
When I started wrestling at the age of 17. My name was Mad K Pone. K for my real last name O'Kane.
K pone for Capone, italian mafia.
Once, the crowd were screaming my name but..K pone...slowly turn into K Pote ("Capote") in french that word mean Condom
Yes..I change my name to Jazz Lanka ^^ !
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you?
They can contact me with Facebook, Instagram or my Email adress email@example.com
- Thank you ver much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
First, Thank you very much, I Really enjoy answering your questions. Thanks for your support.
For my fan , I call them "Team Lanka". Thanks to my Team. Your lovely messages on my social media really motivate me !