Jokey / Aivil Interview
Ring name: Jokey/Aivil
Debut: March 2015
Trained by: Mr. Excellent, Wolfgang, Lionheart, BT Gunn, Jack Jester, Stevie Boy, Kay Lee Ray and Red Lightning
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Frog Splash, Muta Lock, Spear
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce
talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
Thank you for having me guys.
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I have always been a wrestling fan since I was a little girl. I didn't know there were wrestling schools in Italy back at that time. It was only in 2014 that I found out about Italian Championship Wrestling and I started training as a professional wrestler.
- Did your family and friends support your decision or were they rather sceptic?
My parents didn't fully support my choice at first, they were constantly scared I could have got seriously injured. After seeing a couple of my matches and knowing how passionate and determined I was about this discipline, they gradually changed their minds. To them wrestling is always a scary sport, but they are now my number one supporters.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes, I can. I loved it. I loved the atmosphere and I loved the way the other trainees welcomed me as a sister. It was fun, different and exciting. I never left wrestling after that first training.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of a live crowd for the first time? Were you nervous?
Of course I was! It was a Comicon, so there were tons of people watching. Some of them were absolutely new to wrestling as well. I had the luck to wrestle my first match with a dear friend of mine thoug, who took good care of me and gave me a belter of an experience.
- Do you have a dream opponent you want to fight above all others?
I would love to wrestle Io Shirai one day. I think she a fantastic performer, everyone could learn so much from.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes?
Who doesn't, right? My heroes when I was a child were Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Paul London, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Lita. Quite different type of athletes, I know, but I love them all for different reasons.
- You are ICW Women's Champion, thats right?
I am currently both the Italian Championship Wrestling and Insane Championship Wrestling Women's Champion.
- You personal highlight match so far?
I don't think I have just one match that I prefer above all others. I loved my match against Holidead, as the first women main event of the Rising Sun Wrestling Promotion. I loved being part of the first ever “I quit” match in the history of Insane Championship Wrestling with Kasey and also our match at ICW Fear and Loathing XII, when I won the Women's World Championship. I also loved my matches in Italy with Queen Maya, as she is one of my best friends and it's always a joy to wrestle her.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
Oh well, I bet they like them! I could tell you the story of my first wrestling tour, when I broke my nose and took the wrong painkiller (I am not used to take any and it was definitely too strong for me) and I spent 8 hours in a car on my way back home, with three colleagues I didn't know at that time, feeling super sick and embarassed. Or that time I had two shows in a day, in different cities and I got lost in the fog on my way to the second show. Got to the venue 10 minutes before my match, half dressed aleady and panicking. Oh, wrestling is a lot of fun, isn't it?!
- When a booker or company from your country or around the world wants to book you where can they contact you?
They can message me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on my social media platforms: on Facebook @Jokeywrestling or on Twitter @Twisted_Doll_AJ
Same goes for all the lovely fans who want to support me and buy my merchandise.
- Thank you ver much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
Thank you very much for all your precious support! I really appreciate it and treasure it. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a freakig crazy happy new year!