Josh D´Agostino Interview
I would wake up in “SAVIOR” mode
Josh D'Agostino is an actor and assistant director, known for Blood Mercy , Dark Wasteland and The Inspectors and The Walking Dead.
- Josh ,How did you get your role as an Savior in the AMC Series The Walking Dead ?
- I sent my résumé & Reel through the proper channels when I learned about the casting.
- Did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting to The Walking Dead?
-I was a fan of the series before I was cast, so I was pretty stoked when I got the part.
- Working with Norman Reedus or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of these guys?
-Working with Norman was a great experience and I approached every day on set in a very professional manner. When I worked with the crew they all made me feel like we were one big family and the energy on the set was fantastic. I really couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to spend the hot Georgia days filming with. Now as a fan I was really excited to see the process- from the shot setups to seeing how everyone got into character as well as taking in each location we were at. It was a great feeling to now be on the show/in the moment and not just watching it.
- You are on of the Biker scene with the bazooka and Norman Reedus. How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
- It really had a positive impact on my life, the fan base that came because of it as well as the opportunity to meet the people I have at various events was something at that point I hadn’t experienced. To me it is amazing and humbling at the same time to know how many people’s lives we touch by being able to bring characters to life and tell a story.
To be honest there have been many days when I’ve gone places that I’ve spent taking pictures and signing autographs as well as chatting it up about the set and of course what it’s like to work with Norman. I definitely enjoy meeting new people and hearing their take on The Walking Dead.
- How did your family react when they found out that you were playing in The Walking Dead?
-Well a lot of them were completely surprised and happy for me because none of them even had a clue I was pursuing acting and was already under prior NDA’s when I got picked for The Walking Dead (so I went from one production to another without being able to talk about anything) so I was definitely excited when the episode aired because they found out before I did. They all had a ton of questions for me but all I really wanted to know from each one was: How did you like the episode?
- What was the atmosphere like on set, being on such a serious show?
- The atmosphere for a lot of us started before we even got to set. I would wake up in “SAVIOR” mode, put on my gear and hop on my bike then ride to set so by the time I got there I was already in character. Once there the energy would amplify as we went from location to location to shoot our scenes. From the moment that we see the truck come around the turn and head towards us, the tension in the air got real thick and all of us got real serious about our role. It was definitely a great experience all around.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series
outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
- I have been working on a few projects as well as 2 new scripts I’ve written. You will definitely be able to see me as a FBI Agent in some upcoming Oxygen channel shows as well as some ID Channels shows. As for the scripts: one is a crime drama and the other is more for the TWD fan base, I mean how many fans would like to see my take on how the biker Saviors got together and met up with NEGAN or even what we had to do to become part of the crew? So I want to show some of our adventures before the bazooka scene, if it’s something the fans would want.
- Is there any dream role or actor/actress you would love to work in the future?
-As a Martial Artist myself I would definitely like to work with Jet Li- maybe a sequel to Showdown In Little Tokyo? As for roles I would really like to play a serial killer, something I could totally immerse myself in.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
I just want to thank everyone that supports the show and us. I’m so grateful that you take the time from your schedules to watch us. I value and appreciate all the energy that’s sent our way. Just to let you know, I respond to all messages and requests/follows so don’t be afraid to give a shout . Thanks once again for the questions and I wish all of you the very best.