Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Kate Carney - The Pro Wrestling Interview
Ring name: Kate Carney
Date of birth: February 27th, 1992
Height: 5ft, 4in.
Weight: I actually don't own a scale but I would guess somewhere in the 140lbs-150lbs range.
Birthplace: Buffalo, NY
Debut: January 12th, 2014 in Portland Oregon for DOA Pro Wrestling vs. Mary Jane Payne.
Trained by: Dr. Kliever, Derek Drexl, KC Spinelli
Finishers/ Signature Moves: The Kate-Tastrophy! Fun fact: someone came up with this name years before i had a finisher. Homepage: Facebook.com/TheKateCarney
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I actually learned about Pro Wrestling for the very first time in college from a friend of mine on the Cheer-team. It was his life long dream to be a wrestler (and he is!) and when he decided to go check out a wrestling school I accompanied him and the head trainer there Dr. Kliever just walked up and asked me if I wanted to try training as well, and kind of on a whim I did, and never looked back.
- Did you family and friends support your decision or were they rather skeptic?
My mom was, and is, very nervous that I'll get hurt but she and everyone else have still been very supportive of my and this it's pretty cool, despite the fact I can't make it to every birthday party anymore.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes! Even more than that I remember the morning after my first training session, I figured since the cheer season had juts ended I would still me in good shape and I'd be just fine, but wrestling uses muscles that nothing else uses the same way, and I was SORE.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of a live crowd for the first time? Were you nervous?
I was so nervous that I didn't even take the time to really notice what it felt like besides SCARY. I was still very early in my training at not at all confident in my skill level, and I was so nervous I had to go outside and hyperventilate beforehand.
- Do you have a‚ "dream opponent" you want to fight above all others?
This has always been a hard question for me because I believe we can't know the things that will be most meaningful to us until they present themselves. The best in-ring experience of my life could happen with an idol, but it would also happen with someone that hasn't started training yet, so I try to just stay excited about everyone I get to wrestle.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhood heroes?
One of my favorite things about first learning to wrestle was having the chance to take all the things I knew from dance and cheerleading and apply them in ways that hadn't occurred to the people who had a more solid wrestling knowledge base, making things my own. Most of my style has come from my training partners and my friends.
- Wrestling Fans loves funny or thrilling road stories. Do you have one for us you can share?
Many of the best stores of my career come from my time living in Paraguay working for Luchando En Las Americas. I think one of the greatest moments was going on an all Spanish speaking day time talk show with KC Spinelli while neither of us spoke any Spanish yet!
- When a booker or company from your country or around the world will book you where can they contact you?
The most reliable way is email, Carney.Kate@gmail.com. But you can also reach out via social media, @ KateCarnage
- Thank you very much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
I hope that if you watch my matches, or interact with me in some way, it brings you joy and entertainment!