Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Kellen Joseph Interview - The Walking Dead World Beyond
The series impacted my life in a handful of ways
Kellen Joseph (Born Kellen Aharon Joseph Quinn) is an American actor and musician. He was born in San Ramon, California, on March 2nd. He grew up in various towns throughout California, including the small towns of Fort Bragg, California, and Kingsburg, California, where he first took up acting in the fourth grade.
- How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead World Beyond as Grady?
I got the audition through my agent! Because of Covid, all the auditions were self tape and over zoom. Originally I auditioned for another part, but the show’s producers had me then read for Grady, and that’s who I booked!
- Kellen , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting to The Walking Dead?
I had been a fan of the entire TWD Universe prior to my first audition, and I used the part as an excuse to rewatch the original series all the way through, as well as Fear and World Beyond. Going in as both an actor and a fan was a great experience.
- Working in The Walking Dead Universe will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working inside the Series?
It was an awesome experience. Getting to be a part of a franchise with such devoted fans is always a very special experience. The stunt work was a great challenge, and the entire cast and creative crew put such an immense amount of time and energy into the show to make all the pieces fit together. I also really enjoyed getting to spend the time I did out in Richmond, Virginia, where the show films. I spent about three months out there, and the pace is very different than where I live in Los Angeles. Richmond and the surrounding areas are full of a lot of interesting history and architecture and the locals in the area were very kind. I enjoyed the excuse to explore an area I had’t spent any time in before.
- You had just little part´s in the show but many of them. How much has the series influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
The series impacted my life in a handful of ways! The biggest being that I got to have an unforgettable experience in a place I don’t think I would have otherwise been planning to go to. I can definitely go out unrecognized, but the fans of TWD universe that reach out to me on social media have been such a kind and community oriented fandom that I feel lucky to have contributed a small piece to.
- The fans always hoped that Rick Grimes would appear in the series at the end. Did the actors also hope that it would come to that?
I’ll be honest that I also had the same hope! Because of the nature of the series, a lot of the plot was under wraps even for some of the actors like myself. Fortunately TWD universe will continue to unfold for us all in their upcoming films and projects, so I’m excited to see what Scott Gimple and Matt Negrete have in store. Those guys have such big brains, that fans can be certain the future is in good hands with them. Maybe we’ll see Grady make a comeback somewhere down the line. Who knows?
- Saved by the Bell (TV Series) you worked as "The Fish". What can you tell us about your role?
This was my first show back in Los Angeles after filming TWD! Another great cast and
crew, and another a show with a proud fanbase. I play “The Fish” who is the reigning wrestling champion at Bayside, hence his slippery nickname, “The Fish.”
- What will we see next from you? Any projects/movies/series?
I just wrapped on the first season of a new show on Apple TV called High Desert! The show has a spectacular set of creatives, with our director Jay Roach, writers Nancy Fichman, Katie Ford, and Jennifer Hoppe, and Ben Stiller ad Jackie Cohn as just a few of our incredible executive producers. The show follows a former addict named Peggy (Patricia Arquette) as she becomes a private investigator. You’ll be able to see me on that soon as William.
- Is there any dream role or actor/actress you would loved to work in the future?
There are many! After watching both Severance, and Super Pumped, I’d really love to work with both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Adam Scott. I’d also love an opportunity to do a biopic or a “based on a true story,” project. I love the idea of having so much source material to pull from with projects like that.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead World Beyond Fans and your fans know?
Thank you for being such a kind and devoted fandom, and I look forward to the future of TWD universe as much as they do!
- Thank you being my guest Kellen Joseph and best wishes for the future. I hope to see you one day in Germany.