Kelly Roisin Interview - I would like to do some more horror tv and movies
Being one of Hollywood's leading plus size stuntwomen, has lead to Kelly Roisin enjoying a varied stunt career on many productions.She also work as actress in Sharknado 3 , American Horror Stories and many more.
- Thank you Kelly that you spend some time for your Fans here.
Thank you very much for the interview.
- So you started 2014. What inspired you towards entering that profession as stuntwomen?
I tend to joke that I fell into stunts. I didn't know it was a career option until I became friends with a professional stunt performer. After some talking with other stunt performers I had met, they talked me into giving it a try as a career.
- You make stunts for so many series and movies like The Walking Dead , Spiderman , American Horror Story and Stories and many many more. What was the best thing or the funniest moment? Is there something special you can share with us?
I would have to say the best moment was my first episode of American Horror Stories. I came onto it having never worked for or with the coordinators for the show. It was a stunt the kept getting more complicated as changes were being made on the day. I nailed it in one take, and I won't forget how happy the coordinator was with my performance.
A funny moment would be during the middle of a fight we were shooting, I could feel my bra come unhooked in the back. I had to continue the fight and wait till they yelled cut before I could step aside and get it fixed. Wardrobe and I decided to tape the closure shut until the end of the day.
- Stunts not every time easy. did you ever get really hurt or was there a moment that could have been your last?
I have had a few injuries. One in particular that missed my femoral artery by an inch and a half. That one didn't scare me so much as it made me really examine how to better protect vulnerable areas that we don't normally think of.
- For you, what is the difference between working as an actress and working as a stunt woman?
With the majority of my stunt work, I am doubling an actress. I am there to match her and perform for her.
When I am acting, it is a different animal altogether.
Once in a while with stunts, we will get a "stunt acting" role, where we might deliver lines. Majority of the time we are there to perform the action. Some stunt performers are also amazing actors. The stunt acting roles have us doing both jobs. We have to remember the choreography for the stunt and also dialogue that we have to deliver.
- As an big The walking Dead fan i must ask what have you done in the episode "Do Not Send Us Astray" ?
I was in a few of the scenes in that episode. I can't remember how many times I was shot in it. I was part of the group that broke into the compound to try to take over. You can see me in some scenes where they are being shot and also the scenes with the flash bangs going off.
- Is there a role or series you would love to work on in the future or an actor/actress you would want to work with?
I would like to do some more horror tv and movies.
There is a movie in the works called " Faith ", that is about the first plus sized super heroine from Valiant Comics . I would really love to be the main stunt double for that movie when it goes into production.
Hoping that I can work with Chrissy Metz soon, along with many other plus sized actresses.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series that you can reveal?
I have been contacted about some projects in the works, but I can not give any details as to what they are.
-Thank you very much for your time and all the best for the future and maybe see you someday in Germany.