Kingsley Interview - I would love to wrestle Madison Eagles
Ring Name: Kingsley
Date of birth: 8th November
Height: 5ft 2" (152cm)
Birth place: Sydney, Australia
Debut: Newcastle Pro Wrestling - 18th August 2018
Trained by: Madison Eagles, Robbie Eagles, Mick Moretti
Finishers - Kingsleyer (Modified Sunset Flip Powerbomb), Codebreaker (Standing & Second Rope)
Signatures - Wheelbarrow X-Factor, Super X-Factor (Satellite X-Factor), Front Face Guillotine Choke, Belly to Belly, Sliding Lariat
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/KingsleyPW
Instagram - kingsley_pw
Gear/Merch Design Insta - @slicedthreads
TikTok - kingsleypw
- Let me thank you for doing this interview for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2021".
Thank you for having me!
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I grew up watching wrestling with my older brother and I would play the Nintendo games like No Mercy with him. Pro wrestling was always a big thing during primary school - everyone loved Batista and the Undertaker. I really liked the Hardy Boyz/Team Xtreme, London and Kendrick & Melina. When it came to actually getting into wrestling, I went to a PWA tryout around May 2017. There was one other girl (Frankie B) and about 20 other men. Extremely hard session and big tryout but I'm really glad I got through it.
- Do you have any previous experience with martial arts from before you became a wrestler or other sports you did?
I did Hapkido for almost 10 years since I was a kid up until I was 15/16 years old. It was a huge part of my life however I always felt like it lacked something that I really enjoyed which I found in wrestling. I feel very passionate about wrestling more than anything.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Extremely hard and painful. Everyone says this but it's true - the first bump you take will always be the hardest. My body felt like it went through a car crash for such a long time but eventually you get used to it. Wrestling will never be easy but a routine of persistence and repetition helps.
- How do you remember your first match, what was the feedback and what experience did you take from it?
I debuted at Newcastle Pro Wrestling on August 18th 2018 in a multiman match. I remember being excited but nervous about this match because I didn't think I would debut so soon but I had a strong character ready to go. The match was fun and I feel like I did my job well for what was needed from me especially with the lack of experience I had at the time.
- Do you have a dream opponent you want to fight above all others?
I would love to wrestle Madison Eagles as she's someone who I look up to so much as my coach but also because she is one of the best wrestlers in the world.
- Do you have/ had any Wrestling idols Or Childhood heroes?
I really liked watching Matt Hardy throughout his career. I feel like he was always interesting to watch and a great wrestler. He's a wrestler that always changed but adapted with whatever was thrown at him and I feel like being a wrestler who is willing to keep evolving is so important to yourself as a wrestler but also to your audience. That's the type of wrestler that I aspire to be.
- What are you doing when you're not standing inside the ring?
If I'm not training, I'm usually designing gear or merchandise for myself and my peers. I wanted to be a valuable asset to my team at PWA from the very beginning so I thought if I'm not ready to wrestle yet then I should help everyone on the show somehow. Now three years later, I'm still doing this and training so my schedule is always busy. It's also very cool to see some of my work on platforms like New Japan, Shimmer, AEW and NXT with Robbie Eagles and Shazza McKenzie wearing such designs.
- When a booker or company from your Country or around the world will book you , where can they contact you?
They can email me at email@example.com
- Thank you very much for your time- I wish you much success at your next event´s .Thank you for your time! Stay well! Stay safe!And do you have some words for your fans at the end?
Thank you for having me! Hope everyone is looking after each other and staying safe in such weird times. If you want to catch me along with the rest of the crew here at Pro Wrestling Australia, you can watch me on OVOPlay (play.ovo.com.au) #AndThatsTheTea