Marco Perretta Interview -
Between an Star Fleet Medical Doctor and a very charming, very alluring aristocrat
Marco Perretta was born on October 14, 1987, in Toronto, Canada. With the love and support of his family, who told him to “never let go of what you believe in; just make sure you are good at what you do and do it with all your heart,” Marco Perretta explored his talents and interests, which included singing and dancing, as well his top priority and passion: acting.
Marco is known for his work in Star Trek: Discovery (TV Series) as Star Fleet Medical Doctor in 2017-2018.
- Thank you, Marco, for your spontaneous commitment.
Thank you for having me, Bernd. I’m glad to have this opportunity to speak with you.
- What was the moment that you wanted to be an actor?
Growing up, I’ve always been inspired by Disney movies, and their unique, inherent magic. I wanted to express that sort of magic and, in turn, inspire others to expand their imagination and overcome their limits. I’ve always gravitated toward acting in that sense, because I get to be a catalyst for magic to occur.
- After some short movies like Untold and Dangerous Love, you landed a spot on Star Trek: Discovery as the medical doctor. How did you get the role?
I’ve had some prominent persons reach out to me, after they watched my performances and gauged my potential. From there, things moved fairly quickly.
- Were you a Star Trek fan before you got cast for the show?
Yes, most definitely. I thoroughly enjoy Star Trek, and I’m honored to have played a part in it.
- With Star Trek comes a big fan community. Did you have some experience with the Trekkie fans?
I have encountered quite a few fans over the course of my career and my travels. They were all delightful and friendly. The Star Trek community is very fun and diverse.
- On IMDb, I saw some pre-productions like The True Story of Pinocchio and Jesus and the Others, where you play Angel Michael. Can you tell us something about it?
I have several projects in the works, including those you have mentioned. They are under private contract, so I can’t disclose any information about them at the moment, but I will say that I am extremely excited to progress with those projects.
- Now, let's talk about your new project, Stitching Vanity.
In January 2022, Stitching Vanity will begin shooting in London. It spans 12 episodes of 45 minutes each. You were confirmed as the lead for the series. What will we see in the series?
The writing for Stitching Vanity is truly brilliant. You will see plenty of murders, plenty of betrayals, plenty of twists and turns. We’re plumbing the depths of a wide range of human emotions, including lust, envy, and insatiable desire. The series is a period piece set in 1800s London, so you’ll also see the intricacies of the Victorian era unfold, from the language and culture, to the lavish manors and fancy wardrobe.
- Which role will you play in the series? Lord X?
Yes, I will be playing Lord X, the lead role in the series. He’s a very charming, very alluring aristocrat who has just moved into his manor on Xerretta Street. What’s most interesting about his character, in my opinion, is that he’s exceedingly sharp and intelligent. He’s the kind of person you must be careful around, as, before you know it, you might find yourself ensnared in the traps he has meticulously laid out.
- In the Los Angeles Herald, I read that the series will be "dark, ravishing fun, with plenty of madness, mayhem, murders, and machinations to keep viewers on the edge of their seats." How do you prepare for such a role?
That is a great question. First and foremost, I ensure that I have thoroughly studied Lord X’s character. I read the script, and then I try to envision and explore his motivations and inner thoughts. I look beyond what’s written to dive deeper into his mind. Once I have a grasp on what drives him to do what he does, I hold on to that emotion, and I draw it out during my performance.
- Marco, is there something special you would love to do in the future? A special
role or actor to work with?
I can’t say much, but I am working on a project that would fulfill my childhood dreams. I intend to bring it to fruition. As for any special roles, I enjoy dramatic and comedic roles alike, and I can’t wait to take on more roles that will challenge me as an actor and artist.
- Thank you for your time, Marco Perretta! Let’s end this interview with some words for the fans.
Please do keep an eye out for updates on Stitching Vanity, as there is much more to come. Thank you, Bernd, for your time; I deeply appreciate it. Thank you for your magic.
IMDb for Stitching Vanity: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15066564/
Los Angeles Herald: https://www.losangelesherald.com/newsr/14102
MVPStyln Productions’s website: https://www.mvpstylnproductions.com/
MVPStyln Productions’s Twitter and Instagram: @mvpstylnteam
Marco Perretta’s Instagram: @mvperretta