Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Marie Mouroum Interview - Between Avengers and James Bond
Marie Mouroum is known for her work on Black Panther (2018), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Thank you Marie for your time for the Fans.
Thank you for interviewing me.
- Marie, you start your career as stuntwomen, how did that happen?
I have trained in martial arts since I was 9 years old. Back then I was already a little bit involved in the movie world. I was in an acting agency and commercial agency so working in front of the camera was always fun to me. When I was 15 years old some talent scouts went to my Karate Dojo and chose me to work on the movie „Ninja Assassin“ as an action extra in the orphanage scenes. There I got to know a lot of stuntman and saw the cool things that they were doing so I was directly interested in it. After the movie I started training with these guys and 3 years later I got my first Hollywood Stunt Job.
- You work in Movies/Series like " Cloud Atlas" , Homeland or The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 as stuntwomen, what can you say about your first experience in front of the camera?
Thanks to my commercial and sport model background I was already very used to being in front of the camera. I actually felt very comfortable and excited when the camera was rolling and I wasn’t intimidated by the big names.
My very first Hollywood Stunt Job was „Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters“. I was 18 years old and still in school so it was kind of hard handling both worlds. It was a great experience playing one of the witches. It had a lot of explosions involved and wire work such as flexing through the air on a broom and things like that. I really enjoyed that everyday was different. I saw amazing sets and very cool costumes. Also the prosthetic work was fascinating for me. Looking back my very first stunt job was a great experience.
- After many stunts comes bigger projects and working as actress in the Marvel Universe as Dora Milaje Member in "Black Phanther" , "Avengers Infinity War" and " Avengers Endgame". how did you prepare for it working with so many Super Heroes?
When I received the Job on Black Panther I didn’t know that 2 more Avengers movies will follow. So that was a great surprise. I trained very hard for the Part and also during working on the movie we had very long and intense training hours. We got trained about 10hours a day by a few of the best stunt people in the world. The training alone was golden to me. I learned unbelieveably much and leveled in so many disciplines such as handling a Bo staff.
- Many women would die to work with Chris Hemsworth (Thor), whta can you say about him or Anthony Mackie (Falcon) Mark Ruffalo ( Hulk)?
I remember when me and some of the other Dora Milaje actresses met Chris Hemsworth for the first time on set it was very thrilling. My first impression was that he was very funny and cool,tall and of course handsome :)
Meeting all the Avengers Actors and Actresses at once was such an unreal experience. It was the scene in Infinity War when they came to wakanda and looking at the outriders trying to enter the barrier. All the Dora Milaje where standing directly behind nearly the whole avengers cast and that was our first scene shooting together. It was so surreal and exciting.
- 2019 i saw you in "Dark Jedi: A Star Wars Story" as Maree, how was it for you being a part in the star Wars Universe?
Thank you for watching „Dark Jedi“ that was a pure project out of passion.
Being a part in the Star Wars Universe was also an unbelievable experience. I mean I just came out of the Marvel universe and continued with Star Wars. I couldn’t imagine it better since I grew up being a big Star Wars fan. Me and my brother always played the pot racer games and were very involved with the characters.
Standing on these epic Star Wars sets where storm trooper were walking around, having huge explosions and being involved as a creature in a light saber battle against Kylo Ren (beginning scene) was absolutely mindblowing for me.
- Whit a role in Star Wars comes a Big Fan Community, do you had first star wars fan´s experiences?
I didnt play a role in Star Wars. I was in the stunt team so I was involved in a few scenes as a stunt performer. I was also the stunt double of Jannah (Naomi Ackie)
- With Star Wars and Marvel you worked in two big Fan Communitys but the third is coming. "James Bond :No time to die" as Stunt Double: Lashana Lynch. Did you meet 007?
Yes of course. I was working on this film for about 8 months which is the longest I ever worked on a film. I got to know all the cast and crew and we traveled the world for some amazing locations. So I am very excited for this one.
- What will we see next? Is there a dreamrole you would love to work for?
I think the next big project I have worked one will be 007 since this will come out in April. It could be possible that will appear in another youtube film before that. Currently I am not working on a movie. Working on so many films in such a short amount of time can also become very lonely and stressful so I am taking some weeks off to recharge at the moment.
There are many dream roles where I could see myself in. Something where action is combined with fiction is always very interesting to me :)
- Thank you for your time Marie Let’s end this interview with some words for the fans?
I always feel very honored when people tell me that they get inspired or motivated by me. If that is the impact I can give to people through my life and achievements then I am very proud of that.