Mark Jeffrey Miller Interview - Outsiders - I was supposed to be killed off after the first season
Mark Jeffrey Miller was born in Terre Haute, Indiana, USA. He is an actor and writer, known for "The Patriot" , "Hunger Games - Mockingjay: Part 2" and many many more.
He is also known as Krake in the series "Outsiders".
- You work over 30 years in the business. When did you first discover your passion for the world of Entertainment?
I was born into the Golden Age of television. I can't remember not being in front of a TV since I was old enough to sit up. Cartoons and The 3 Stooges made me want to imitate what I saw. So I did. The desire to make showbiz a profession manifested in my 20s.
- You start your career with Movies like "Mississippi Burning" with Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe or " Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" before you get differnt role in "Matlock". When you look back at this time and your work with Andy Griffith. What do you remember most?
I worked with Andy four separate times on Matlock. I also played Andy's character as a young man in "Gramps" (a made-for-TV movie filmed after Matlock ended).
Each time we worked together I remember thinking I am working with the legend and comic master I watched on TV as a boy. The last time I worked with him he was being inducted into The Television Hall Of Fame.
- The first time i looked Outsiders is just some weeks ago. How did you get cast for the role as Krake?
I was asked to do a recorded audition along with many other actors. They chose me. I never met or talked to any of the writers, directors, producers, or actors until I arrived on set.
- Craigan "Krake" O'Farrell, runner of the still and maker of Farrell Wine. How would you describe Krake's role in the family?
Krake was very valuable because Farrell Wine was a popular drink and he was the only one who could make it. He also had a strong individual point of view that didn't necessarily go along with The Bren'in's, especially after Big Foster's mother was murdered and Big Foster became The Bren'in.
- Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
I was supposed to be killed off after the first season but apparently, no one could do without Farrell Wine and Big was a bad shot. We were continually getting more dirt applied to our faces because we didn't look dirty enough.
- When I look at your list of movies and series there is not many you don´t work for. Do you still have a dream of a movie or series you would love to play?
I'm always waiting for a new project to capture my imagination. I never know what the future holds but I am excited to see what it is.
- There are so many series you worked in ( Outsiders, Matlock , Revolution ,Sparks ,Sleepy Hollow, Better call Saul.....) What was your personal highlight so far?
Outsiders was so much fun. It was a superb cast and crew. We were a family. Working with Andy Griffith is a close second.
- What does the future hold for you? There a so many Post and Pre Production projects on IMDb. Anything you would like to plug to our readers?
I have a recurring role in a new series for Netflix called Florida Man. It should be out sometime in 2022. I also had a good role in the film Jacir which doesn't yet have a release date.
- Is there anything else you would like to let your fans know?
I truly appreciate all my fans. If nobody was watching I wouldn't have a job.