Ring Name: Mephisto
Date Of Birth: 31/10/1989
Weight: 54 kg
Birth Place: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Trained by: IWF Wrestling School
Finishers/Signature Moves: Spider Bite, Arm-Jaw Breaker/Bulldog Combo, Lotus Lock, Legdrop, Frankersteiner, Sunset Flip
Homepage: (or FB,Twitter) https://www.facebook.com/linahyon
-Thank you for your spontaneous commitment and being a part of "The Global Indy Pro Wrestling World Tour 2016/2017. Can you introduce yourself please?
Hi! My name is Polina. I'm wrestler in Independent Wrestling Federation based in Moscow, Russia. I'm heel and known as "Spider Queen" Mephisto because my pets - big tarantulas which I use sometimes for my gimmick
-How did you get into the Indy Pro Wrestling business ?
I was a huge wrestling fan since 2002 when I saw wrestling on TV. It was WOW - Women Of Wrestling - women's federation, maybe you know some wrestlers from there - Terri Gold, Riot, Jungle Grrrl and others. They stole my heart :) After the end of the WOW season they became to translate WWE RAW. I saw such legends like The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and I decided to be a wrestler. When I grew up I've heard about wrestling federation in Russia and moved to Moscow to start trainings.
Interview with Mephisto from Russia
-What is your family thinking of your passion for the sport, are they worried about your health?
They are OK with that. But they think I'm not so big like the most of wrestlers)))
- What can you say about your Coach and how long did it take, that it was clear for you to do the first match?
I was trained by 2 official trainers in IWF Russia - Sanya Pankov and "Digital Messiah" Vertigo. They are awesome! They like the good cop and the bad cop)) I will thank them till death)). They can teach you anything you need and more. I had 3 trainings per week. My debut was after 9 months of trainings but before it I passed an exam for debut with the other new girl named Ramona.
- Can you still remember your very first Pro Wrestling match and what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?
We had 3 way match - me, Ramona and girl named Aerie. Usually we have 150-200 people at every show. But it was an open-air event in Luzhniki, Moscow with about a thousand of people. I was scared to death like the other girls but we were so excited! When I came to the crowd all my worries were gone. I was focused on the match and people reaction I was the only heel in womens division about 8 months and gave a lot of problem to our faces))
- You work for Indy Pro Wrestling Companys in Russia, what can you tell us about some of this?
I wrestle for IWF Russia. It is the biggest and oldest promotion in Russia. IWF was created in 2002 by Vadim Koryagin, now he lives in Singapore and has a new promotion SPW but he don't forget us) Also there is a promotion in Saint-Petersburg named Northern Storm Wrestling with a regular shows and some regional organizations.
- Pro Wrestling has many legends, do you have any idols? Of course! My #1 is Manami Toyota. She is the greatest female wrestler of all time! Also my all time favourites are Mayumi Ozaki, Aja Kong, Bull Nakano, Akira Hokuto, Gail Kim, Ivelisse, all girls from past and present WWE, males are Onryo, BxB Hulk, Hardy Boys, Finn Balor, AJ Styles and many many others. I watch all womens wrestling shows I can find so I have too many favourite wrestlers)
- How would you describe an Wrestling Fans from an other Country the Wrestling Events in your Land??
Russian fans are very critical. Most of all IWF fans believe in kayfeb. I receive many messages from the fans around the world like "Oh! I saw that match, it was very good, you doing a good job". Fans in Russia will say - you are not good, the match was not good, we want better match. I'm not saying it is bad, it helps to develops and motivates me. I'm heel so our fans hates me (don't forget they believe in kayfeb)) like "how can she do this? She is an awfull person. She attacs from the back etc... When I see this I'm taking it as a compliment, it means i'm a good heel))) But I love Russian fans, they support IWF so we cherish every fan and try to be better and better.
- What goals do you still have, would a major contract be interesting for you or do you feel well in the Indy area?
My dream is to be a part of WWE of course))) For now I want to wrestle in the other countries to get enough experience. At November 18 and 19 I will wrestle at WrestleStar III in Pattaya, Thailand, it will be my international debut and I'm very excited about it!
- Every wrestler tries to gain international experience, to travel to many countries. Which country you would love to visit next and wrestle? And do you had the time to make some sightseeing in other Countrys?
I would love to visit Germany, England, Sweden, any Asian promotions and of course USA! After the show you need a good rest so visiting sightseens is the best way to rest and get positive emotions
-When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you? They can contact me on my facebook page, I read all messages. Also my email firstname.lastname@example.org
-Is there anything else you would like to let the World Wrestling Fans and your fans know?
Thanks all of you for support! Wrestling means nothing without fans. Be carefull, don't do anything wrong, be a good people. Always chase your dreams and all of you will succeed!
Thank you very much for your time and all the best for the future and maybe see you someday in Germany!