Misty Rosas - Interview - I have spoken
Misty Rosas is a dynamic and incredibly versatile artist. She is a native Californian, born in Mission Viejo, and raised in the mountains of the Cleveland National Forest. Always wild at heart, this tiny dynamo has been performing on a stage since she was 6 years old.
- Thank you Misty Rosas for your time for the Star Wars Fans.
Thank you Bernd! It is my pleasure. The Star Wars fans are SIMPLY THE BEST!
- Were you a Star Wars fan before you got cast as Kuiil Performance Artist?
Yes! Before I got cast as the Performance Artist for Kuiil, I was a fan! So when I found out that I booked the role, and it was Star Wars, I was speechless! I had tears in my eyes, and the biggest smile on my face! I couldn't believe it! This job is a dream come true for me!
- Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
Hopefully some of the funny stuff will be in the BTS footage that is coming soon!
*It requires 2 men to lift my costume up and put it onto me! Kuiil is not light! My shoulders and my back carry the weight of the costume, and two very large battery packs were placed in the side pockets of my costume. Stomach strength/core strength was an absolute must in order to handle the intensity of this role!
*The moment "Action!" is called my puppeteering team has to close Kuiil's mouth, and I no longer have air. In between takes my team opens the mouth, they run in and hand me a device that looks like a hair dryer (without the heat mechanism) that blows cool air in. It provides oxygen, and cools me down a bit too.
*During the scene inside my home in Episode 7, when Mando and Cara Dune draw their blasters, I shifted too far back on the very narrow, wooden stool where I was seated, I lost my balance and fell backwards. One moment my face was in the shot, the next moment, my feet. Gina Carano (Cara Dune) couldn't stop laughing! It was pretty awesome! :D
*I shot for 7 1/2 hours on top of the Blurrg one day. It was just me and the crew on that set all day long, shooting the sequence of me and Baby Yoda trying to get back to the Razor Crest. My body hurt for about a week and a half after that day! I am in shape, but that shoot day was equivalent to riding a horse, bare back, all day long, and running full speed take after take after take to get all of the angles, and to really capture the intense action in the scene! I was using muscles I don't normally use in that capacity. It took me a while to recover, but I am so proud of how that whole scene turned out! Director, Deborah Chow, did an amazing job on Episode 7!
*Any time I got to work with Baby Yoda, it was an extraordinary experience! He just makes me smile! I love that character so much. I feel that the history of his species, the goodness and the wisdom that he possesses, it's what makes him so special! Yoda is my favorite Star Wars character, so Baby Yoda definitely has my heart! We had a lot of scenes together in Episode 7. Getting to hold him made me so happy!
- Please finish the following sentence: “Looking back at working on Star Wars: The Mandalorian …”
"Looking back at working on Star Wars: The Mandalorian, it was a HUGE dream come true, and one of the greatest experiences of my life thus far! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to combine all of my experience as a suit performer, stunt woman, actor, yogi, and flawed, perfectly imperfect person in progress. When I was in the waiting room at Sarah Finn Casting, I read the scene and I remember thinking to myself, "I don't know what I am auditioning for? BUT I KNOW THIS CHARACTER!" Kuiil and I have a lot in common, and I had the time of my life bringing him to life with the extraordinary team of Legacy FX puppeteers (Jason B. Matthews, David Covarrubias, Rodrick Khachatoorian) and of course, The Star! The brilliant Nick Nolte! His delivery of the lines... EPIC! I will be forever grateful! The Mandalorian has been an extraordinary adventure!
- With a role in Star Wars comes a Big Fan Community, what are your first star wars fan experiences?
My first Star Wars fan experiences have been wonderful! From the incredible welcome, to all of the kind compliments on social media, the fan mail and pictures, and the exquisite fan art, WOW! The Star Wars fans are AMAZING! I can't wait to start meeting them in person! They are incredibly kind and very loyal!
- Will we see you back in The Mandalorian?
Yes! I will be back in Season 2, but I can't share anymore than that! I am so excited!
- You not only played in Star Wars, you also in Sid the Science Kid , Word Party and some more. What
was your favorite role so far?
My favorite role so far is Kuiil! To walk onto the set everyday and step into Star Wars, it is such an incredible feeling! THE FORCE! :) I would often get goosebumps! And as I mentioned earlier, I feel a special affinity with Kuiil! This role gave me the opportunity to use my skills as a suit performer. I learned so much from working with Jon Favreau and the wonderful actors. I got to do my own action sequences; AND hold Baby Yoda! It doesn't get better than that!
- Misty , you not only an actress, you also sing , make stunts like in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Is there something special you would love to do i the future?
- To continue to work on The Mandalorian.
- As a music artist, my current goal is to place my songs in film, television series, and commercials. I've come close a couple of times, but I'm still working on this goal!
- As a person in progress, I want to do more work with my dear friend Erin Terzieff, and her nonprofit organization, All You Need Is Love, in Mae Sot, Thailand. When you begin the journey of a donor, it is extraordinary what you learn about yourself, and what you can learn about the value of a person's Spirit rather than their value based on a monetary figure! Pure joy, and PEACEFUL PRESENCE IN THE MOMENT is free!, and the children at Good Morning School in Mae Sot, Thailand remind me of that gift every day! They inspire me! They remind me everyday of what really matters! Love, compassion for all, and generosity! They don't have anything, but they would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it!
"It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts"
- Thank you for your time Misty Rosas! Let’s end this interview with some words for the fans?
To the fans: I cannot thank you enough for the warm welcome to The Star Wars family! Your kind words and compliments on all of the social media platforms, it really does mean so much to me! Thank you for sharing your extraordinary talent in the form of fan art with me! Thank you for taking the time to write fan mail. I always have a big smile on my face when I read it!
I do hope to come visit you in Germany someday in the near future! I would very much like to meet you in person!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
And as Kuiil would say, "I HAVE SPOKEN"
Much Love and Gratitude to you!
Misty Rosas, Performance Artist -Kuiil
- Thank you and i hope to see you some day on a german Star Wars Convention.
Next Coming Interviews
05, Jan 2020 12. Jan 2020 19. Jan 2020 26. Jan 2020 02 Feb 2020