Interview with Natalie Wild
Ring Names: - Natalie Wild - Penny Dreadful
Date Of Birth: 01 December 1991
Height: 5ft 4in
Birth Place: Manchester, England
Trained by: Xander Cooper, Zack Gibson, Dave Rayne, Jack Gallagher
Finishers/Signature Moves: (As Wild) - Flying Headmare - Satellite DDT - Shining Wizard - Neckbreaker (As Dreadful) - Jumping DDT - Chokehold STO - Modified Triangle Choke Submission - Running Boot
Homepage: Twitter - @OhDarnItsNat91 Instagram - OhDarnItsNat Facebook - OhDarnItsNat
-Thank you for your spontaneous commitment. Can you introduce yourself please? Hi there! Natalie here, a wrestler and valet currently based in the North West of England :)
-How did you get into the Wrestling business? Well i fell in love with pro wrestling as a child and always thought 'that looks like so much fun, i'd love to do that one day' So after i completed my education i started looking into wrestling around the UK and was surprised at how much i discovered! By some crazy chance i found a training school less than 3 miles away from my home and eventually attended an open day and i was hooked!
-What is your family thinking of your passion for the sport, are they worried about your health? My family have been really supportive about my decision to wrestle. Attending some shows when they can to cheer me on or boo me out of the building! Haha Obviously they know wrestling has it's risks and injuries can happen but i'm sure they try not to give that too much thought and just enjoy it.
- What can you say about your Coach? Well i have been lucky enough to receive fantastic quality of training from a number of respected trainers. They have all pushed me to and beyond my limits. I am thankful to each one of them because as difficult, straining and hard it has been at times to get through they have each taught me so much about not only wrestling but myself and what i am capable of.
- Can you still remember your very first Pro Wrestling match and what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time? Yes! I remember it very clearly. I first made an appearance in a Rumble match at Futureshock's 10th Anniversary show. I remember being behind the curtain and the 10 seconds starting to count down and i've never felt so nervous and terrified but also super excited all at the same time. My music hit, the crowd popped and i went out there and my nerves immediately disappeared. I enjoyed my 3 minutes out there! Ha
- Pro Wrestling has many legends, do you have any idols? I grew up watching the likes of Shawn Michaels, Sting, Steve Austin, The Rock etc. I think wrestling was in a really great place when i became a fan. Woman that inspired me would be: Mickie James, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Victoria. I am currently impressed with Sasha Banks.
- And where did you see yourself in 5 years from now? Who knows! I'm quite a spontaneous person and can't really say for sure what i'll be doing. But i would like to say that wrestling took me places further than the UK and have been able to tick off a few amazing people on the list of wrestlers i'd love to work with!
- What goals do you still have, would a major contract be interesting for you or do you feel well in the Indy area? My main goal is pretty simple really, just enjoy what i am doing for as long a possible. There can be a few times when i 'forget' what i love about this business, as with any competitive field it can be a tough ride but i remind myself why i did it all in the first place and i never want to lose that passion. A major contract would be beyond anything i have ever imagined! I don't feel ready for that move just yet and i'm quite happy with where my life is at present but if that opportunity came around i'd surely take it and give it my best!
- Every wrestler tries to gain international experience, to travel to many countries. Which country you would love to visit next and wrestle? And do you had the time to make some sightseeing in other Countrys? I would love to wrestle across Europe, US and even Japan some day. I know it takes lots of hard work and i am more than willing to put the work in to get a chance at these cool opportunities. Ha! So far on the road all the sightseeing seems to consist of food places!
-When a booker or company will book you where can they contact you? They can PM me on my Facebook page for any booking enquiries :) (see details above)
-Is there anything else you would like to let my readers and your fans know? I have taken some personal time out recently and i've been asked some questions about my absence. I'd like to let everyone know that yes i am okay and i will be returning full time soon! I would now like to send a big hi 5 and huge thanks to everyone who has ever supported and believed in me, you are all amazing! xx
Thank you very much for your time and all the best for the future! Thank you for having me! :)