Nikki Bond Interview
Chewie wacking me with a wet fish
Nikki Bond started her career as a choreographer and later became a CFX performer. Credits include Hitchhikers Guide, Harry Potter and Star Wars. With extensive experience in children’s TV, working for Jim Henson, TV commercials and theatre.
- Thank you Nikki Bond for your time for the Star Wars and Harry Potter Fans.
- Were you a Star Wars fan before you got cast as Matron, Creature Performer ?
Yes, I grew up watching the films and was delighted to be offered the job.
- Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
Not very remarkable stories, I have a memory of Chewie wacking me with a wet fish during a night shoot. It was for a scene that was cut from the movie. I was sat next to him in a hut at
about four in the morning. LOL - I think we were just finding ways to get through the night.
In Harry Potter, I was asked by the stunt co-ordinator to do some wire work. Little did I know that it was falling from a cart and hurtling to the floor. Shot from the from the top of the studio.
I was pinged through the air then stopped just before I hit the floor. My scream was so realistic, I believe we did it in two takes. When they asked me to just step of the platform once we had finished to be lowered down
I couldn’t make myself just step off. Every being in my body was saying no.
We also did a scene where we were laid in fake blood all day, I was in such a hurry to get home that night that I rushed out.
When driving home, I noticed my neck was still covered in blood. Not sure how I was going to explain that one to the police if I had been stopped!
- Please finish the following sentence: “Looking back at working on Star Wars: The Last Jedi …”
It was a privilege to be part of such an iconic film and to work with an amazing crew.
Our director was just lovely and made everyone feel important.
- With a role in Star Wars comes a Big Fan Community, what are your first star wars fan experiences?
I am still amazed by the Star wars community and the kindness of everyone I meet.
- You not only played in Star Wars, you also in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II. How was it playing a part as Gringotts Goblin in this Series?
Harry Potter was so much fun. I enjoy working in prosthetics and unlike many actors, I relish the four hours in make-up. I find the whole process quite relaxing
and prepares you for what’s ahead.
- Is there still a role you would love to play in the future?
Last year, I worked on Artemis Fowl as another Goblin. It seems to be my speciality LOL - so I would
just like to play something a little bit prettier.
- Thank you for your time Nikki Bond Let’s end this interview with some words for the fans?
Thank you for taking time to read this.
As yet, I have never attended a convention in Germany but would love to. So let's hope that life will return to some sort of normality soon
and I look forward to meeting you. Stay Safe x