Paul Calderon Interview - FTWF , Bad and Miami Vice
Paul Calderon was born in 1959 in Puerto Rico. He is an actor and producer, known for Pulp Fiction , King of New York and Fear the Walking Dead.
- First, it is a great pleasure for myself to make this interview with you Paul.
Thank you for your time for the Fans on The-Entertainment-junkie.de
- You work over 35 years in the business. When did you first discover your passion for the world of Entertainment?
I first discovered my passion for the world of entertainment when I was serving in the U.S Army Suttgart, Germany (many years ago). I had to “act” on several occasions to get out of trouble, so I decided to try give acting a try. Two weeks after my discharge from the army I enrolled in the Sonia Moore Acting Studio.
- You start your career with Series like "Miami Vice" with Don Johnson or " The Equalizer" with Edward Woodward. When you look back at this time what do you remember most?
My first TV series experience was Miami Vice. What I remember most about that was that I was so nervous I could hardly breathe when I did my first scene; but I got through it.
On the Equalizer I remember Edward Woodward for his extreme professionalism and his preparation.
- You are also in one of the most seen Videos with the King of Pop Michael Jackson "Bad". Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
Martin Scorcese (the director) introduced me to Michael Jackson while we shot our scene on a street corner in Harlem. It was night and it was freezing and Scorcese told me that the night shooting was going a little bit later than usual because the makeup on Jackson’s face kept cracking under the extreme cold and had to be constantly re-done. I also remember Michael as a very sweet honest guy. Very shy.
- 2016 you worked in one of my Favorite series. "Fear the Walking Dead" How did you get cast for the role as Alejandro Nuñez?
I was asked to audition for the role of Alejandro. I had very little time to prepare and almost turned down the opportunity; but it was such a good juicy role, that I decided to go for it and, luckily, I was cast.
- With a role in TWD/FTWD comes a Big Fan Community, what are your first Walking Dead fan experiences?
Lots of fans wanting me to send them autographed pics of me in the show!! Sweet letters and requests.
- Would you come back to the series maybe for a glimpse into the past moment as Alejandro Nuñez?
I definitely would! It was a wonderful character to work on and people to work with.
- When I look at your list of movies and series there is not many you don´t work for. Do you still have a dream of a movie or series you would love to play?
There’s always the dream of being in a really great film with a really BIG juicy role!!!
- There are so many series you worked in ( FTWD , Bosch ,Lie to me, Law and Order.....) What was your personal highlight so far?
So far it has to be the fourth season of Bosch, when the story line involved my character in a very significant way. I was on set every single day from morning till night and I enjoyed every minute of it.
- What does the future hold for you? Anything you would like to plug to our readers?
Right now I just signed with a new agent and am looking forward to something special (TV or Film). Time will tell.
- Is there anything else you would like to let your fans know?
I always appreciate and love the support of the fans. It adds a little “something” extra knowing they’re out there
- Thank you Paul Calderon and i hope to meet you one Day here in Germany.
Would love to meet your acquaintance one day!!