Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Sio Nieves Interview
Ring Name: Sio Nieves
Date of birth: November 12
Birth place: Tijuana, Mexico
Trained by: D-Von Dudley, Serpentico
Finishers/ Signature Moves: sio-lat8r
Homepage: (Facebook,Instagram, Twitter,Website) Instagram @sionieves
- Thank you for your approval for this interview for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2022".
Thank you for reaching out.
- Do you remember your first encounter with wrestling?
It was a very very very VERY long time ago. I was maybe 5 or 6 years old at the time, my grandfather was watching it on TV. It was a Mexican promotion, this is while I was still living in Mexico, not sure if it was AAA or CMLL but had to be one of those big 2. I was hooked ever since.
- Please give us a brief summary of how you got into Pro Wrestling?
After I graduated college I wasn’t happy with how my plans were going, I found myself always looking back saying “what if I had tried learning/training?”. So I started researching, I am in Florida so there are a lot of wrestling schools out there, but not all of them have an actual good foundation of teaching. A friend of a friend recommended to go to D-Von Dudley Academy, at the time it was still called Team 3D Academy. Then I started training.
- Do you have any previous experience with martial arts from before you became a wrestler or other sports you did?
I did some months of Taekwondo when I was 13 but didn’t really pursue it. I played soccer for 13 years (all my academic years and 1 year in college). Now all I do is CrossFit, running, and weightlifting.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
It’s been a bit, I started training in 2019 and I remember seeing the ring so close to me for the first time, I was in awe. Obviously as a fan you see the ring but you don’t get to touch it, so being able to step in and walk around was already a dream. I felt at home being in that ring.
- How do you remember your first match, what was the feedback and what experience did you take from it?
It was a last minute booking, someone had cancelled and D-Von asked me to be part of the Division Pro show where he was making an appearance at. At this point I’ve already been training for 2 years, having closed door matches 2 times a week in front of my trainers and classmates, it was finally time to show myself to the world. People think I’m pretty new at this, but I’ve been around, I just took my time because I didn’t want to make a fool of myself in that ring. We had a 7 minute match, I thought it went okay couple bits here and there to improve but nothing is ever perfect.
I had really good feedback from people backstage including the promoter of Division Pro who decided to bring me back for the next couple of shows. I saw D-Von at the end of the show and he said that the match looked really good, congratulated me, and said “I have nothing to say, no critiques, nothing, it looked good”. I drove home with the biggest smile on my face, along with advice from other workers, and notes on how to be better.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
It has to be Lita. I idolized her through my childhood and she still got it. Dream match right there.
- Do you have personal highlights, favourite matches or feuds so far in wrestling?
Just getting to see this business up close is a highlight itself. I’ve met so many people in the last couple of years who have fulfilled their wrestling/sports entertainment dreams and it is great to see that and to be in a way part of their journey as well.
- What are you doing when you not stand inside the ring?
I’m a Software Engineer, so I code during the day, A LOT. I go to CrossFit, run every now and then. Whenever I don’t feel like any of that, I do weightlifting training in my garage. And then when I don’t even want to do that, I go for a One-Wheel ride to the beach. I also enjoy cooking and baking a lot.
- When a booker or company from your Country or around the world will book you , where can they contact you?
email@example.com or send me a message on IG @sionieves
- Thank you very much for your time ,i wish you all the success and especially health! Some words for the Fans at the end?
Don’t settle, don’t be comfortable, put yourself out there, and do what you really want. Who knows, it might work out in the end. “It's better to have tried and failed than to live life wondering what would've happened if I had tried”.