Susanna Malak Interview - The Mandalorian
Susanna Malak is an actress, known for her work as Jawa in The Mandalorian Season 1 and 2.
- Thank you Susanna Malak for your time for the Star Wars The Mandalorian Fans.
It is my pleasure to have been able to be a part of this magnificent production.
- Susanna, Were you a Star Wars fan before you got cast for The Mandalorian ?
No, I was not, but now that I have been working on the set, I’m very interested to learn more about the different creatures, and characters. I will be binge watching all of the movies to catch up. I’m sure things will start to make sense once I’m caught up.
- How did you get your role as Jawa ?
I have been with central casting for over 10 years. Central casting reached out to me, inquiring if I would like to work on the first season of the Madalorian. Ever since then, Central Casting has called me back and I love it! I am extremely thankful for this extraordinary opportunity.
- Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
There was a day on the set of first season I will personally never forget. It was after a rainy day and we where all out in a scene that had dirt and of course it’s mud now because of the rain and what happens is my fat self wants something to munch on so I head over to craft services in my Jawa outfit and get stuck in the mud I was there for awhile until they realized I wasn’t there for a scene I was in the corner yelling for help because I was stuck in the mud and couldn’t get it out it was like quick sand one of the lady’s from legacy (costumes people) had to literally pick me up like a little kid with my shoes still stuck in the mud imagine that picture lol ! We laughed about for days and we still do !
- You work as Jawa in Season 1 and 2 but you also work as a couple of creatures is that right?
Yes, I worked as a Jawa, Gas mask and Thodobin.
- Please finish the following sentence: “Looking back at working on Star Wars: The Mandalorian …”
It was long working hours but the hardest for me, was being in the gas mask for a lengthy amount of time! It was defiantly worth the commitment once I saw the final product on the screen.
- With a role in Star Wars comes a Big Fan Community, what are your first star wars fan experiences?
Growing up I had a few friends whom were huge fans so through them I became familiar with some of the characters. I did connect with Princess Leia for her commitment to the rebel cause but as General Organa I admired her ability to remain calm while making crucial decisions. Not allowing her personal issues get in the way of the mission. I also liked R2D2 and C3PO as well.
- Will we see you back in The Mandalorian in season three? Or maybe The Story of Boba Fett? (if you are allowed to talk about it)
You will have to wait and see! To be continued.
- Susanna , Is there something special you would love to do in the future? A special role or actor to work with?
Yes, of course. I’m sure everyone’s dream is to have a main role in something big. I would love to work with Tyler Perry if ever given the chance. I know he would love working with me!
- Thank you for your time Susanna! Let’s end this interview with some words for the fans?
I would like to thank each and every one of you for being a fan. If it was not for the fans we would be nothing. I will leave you all on this note, May the force be with you! This is the WAY! I Have SPOKEN!!!
You can follow me on IG @ 1shortbitch. Much Love everyone!
- Thank you and i hope to see you some day on a German Star Wars Convention.
Yes, it would be great to go there and meet as many fans as I can. Conventions are always nice to go to. I love to meet different people around the world.