Tarik Lowe Interview - I will always treasure those mountains
Tarik Lowe is an actor and writer, known for Whiplash , Major Crimes and Supporting Characters. He is also known as James in the series "Outsiders"
- Tarik when did you first discover your passion for the world of Entertainment?
I wanted to be an actor since I was about nine years old. I loved movies, I love reading, I love presenting. When I turn 10 I reached out to an acting manager I knew of she asked me to bring my father in with me and offered me a contract on the spot.
- The first time i looked Outsiders is just some weeks ago. How did you get cast for the role as James?
I auditioned for the role of James while I was on sat shooting another film. The producers wanted to see a tape so I sent them one. They wanted to meet me in person but like I said I was on location so they agreed to Skype with me. I thought I done pretty well but you never really know. When I got the part I asked the producer why he chose me he said “I had a scary presence that worked well for the part”.
- How would you describe the role of James?
I would describe James as someone who wanted more out of life than he was currently getting. He was an ex coal Miner who is currently out of work and has some real issues with power and control with his sister Sallyann. Ultimately, he loves her very much and sees himself as a protector of his home and family.
- Could you share some funny, remarkable, weird stories regarding the filming of your scenes?
Shooting in Pittsburgh was awesome, the food people all of it. At the time I was a big partier so that town became my playground. The guys I worked with most and I became great friends. It was easy to feel at home after the warm welcome we got people loved having a cool shell being shot right where they lived. We all became part of the community.
- The series was surprisingly canceled after the second season. how was the ending received by the actors?
A lot of the actors were bummed out about the show being canceled. I wasn’t happy about it but I know that things like this can happen and life is about resiliency. I just kept on moving.
- Please finish the following sentence: “Looking back at working on Outsiders …”
I will always treasure those mountains. I grew a lot as an actor from that show. We were a real ensemble.
- Do you still have a dream of a movie or series you would love to play?
My dream role would be a police officer with complex issues at home. I wanna play roles with great conflict.
- You worked also in Major Crimes, Blindspot and many more. Whats your personal highlight so far?
They were all special. I believe you always get the role that was meant for you. But Major Crimes was a lot of fun, if I had to pick one.
- What does the future hold for you? Anything you would like to plug to our readers?
More movies, more tv. For now I’m enjoying being a father and a husband. I also have a pretty budding voice over career.
- Is there anything else you would like to let your fans know?
Love the life you live. The purpose of life is to live it.
- Thank you Tarik Lowe and all the best for your future and i hope to see you one day in Germany.