ToxicTrent Interview - Edge was the man who’s character captured me the most
Ring Name: ToxicTrent
Date of birth: 2/16/1994
Birth place: Fresno, California
Trained by: Tim Brooks, Manny Fernandez, and Mike Rayne
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Diving Spear, Reverse DDT, and a backbreaker Anaconda Vice
Homepage: (Facebook,Instagram, Twitter,Website)
- Thank you for your approval for this interview for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2022".
- Do you remember your first encounter with wrestling?
I found a copy of Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 at a yard sale and had no idea what wresting was. I looked into who these fighters were and was immediately hooked by the stories and athleticism. Nothing else in my life mattered at that time, but what was going on in that ring.
- Please give us a brief summary of how you got into Pro Wrestling?
I assumed that wrestling was a Southern thing so the moment I turned 18 I left California to find a school in Texas. I met “Killer” Tim brooks and he helped me learn the basics and opened my eyes to wrestling back in my hometown. I returned to California and finished my training.
- Do you have any previous experience with martial arts from before you became a wrestler or other sports you did?
I was never athletic or into any sports. I was that nerdy kid who sat around and daydreamed about a passion that was impossible. When I decided that wrestling was what I wanted to do in life I shifted from enjoying wrestling as a fan into studying every movement i saw on the screen.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
I watched a lot of YouTube videos on “how to bump” so I walked into the ring confident that I’ll blow the other newbies away. Telling the trainers That I knew what I was doing. They saw right through me and told me to take a back bump, and that went as well as you could expect. I nearly concussed myself, but it made me realize, that this is a lot more than what you see on TV.
Day 1 ended with me moving like a stiff robot for the rest of the day and wondering why this was a dream I had.
- How do you remember your first match, what was the feedback and what experience did you take from it?
“It was the best first match I’ve ever seen!”
I didn’t realize the bar was extremely low when the other wrestlers told me that.
I was a nervous wreck and seconds before my music hit I was looking for any excuse to not walk through the curtain. But the moment I saw the fans (17 people in a warehouse) I knew this was what I was meant to do.
I worked the match with minimal botches and was immediately ready for more.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
Edge was the man who’s character captured me the most. He is who I studied, who I mimicked, who I would want to be if I was on a grand stage. I would love too have even just 3 minutes of ring time so I can learn as much as he could teach me.
- Do you have personal highlights, favourite matches or feuds so far in wrestling?
January of 2020 I was in a bad mental state. My depression made me give up and I was ready to wrestle my last match. My passion was gone. So I told myself that if this is truly my last match that I need to put on the best farewell match I possibly could. ToxicTrent vs Shiloh Greaves in a Street fight was the best match I’ve ever had. I bled all over the floor, I landed on Legos, I went to war. This one match reminded me why I love wrestling so much. The fans reminded me that even though I didn’t believe in myself, they believed in me. My “last” match became the match that made ToxicTrent who he is today.
(Side note, I needed stitches but hospitals terrify me. So we went to Taco Bell and ate instead)
- What are you doing when you not stand inside the ring?
Streaming on Twitch! I watch wrestling PPVs and play video games with fans.
I also love Marvel movies and going to Universal Studios in Hollywood. It’s a second home for my wife and I.
- When a booker or company from your Country or around the world will book you , where can they contact you?
And a quick DM through Twitter will always work as well!
- Thank you very much for your time ,i wish you all the success and especially health! Some words for the Fans at the end?
Thank you so much for having me for this interview.
To the fans: Thank you for trusting me to entertain you. And thank you for supporting this child at heart while he is living his dream.