Since June 2007 Non Commercial Fanwebsite
Zan Phoenix Interview
Ring name: Zan Phoenix
Date of birth: 26.5.86
Height: 1m 73cm
Birth place: Oxford
Debut: August 2014 in Portsmouth
Trained by: 6 years by Andy Boy Simmonz at Rev Pro Portsmouth School of Wrestling
1 month Intensive at Brian Kendrick School of Wrestling in Los Angeles
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Bridging Cobra Clutch, Phoenix Drop, Frog splash, Northern Lights Suplex,
Facebook Page: Zan Phoenix
- Thank you so much for your time, we are always delighted to be able to introduce
talents for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2019".
- When and how did you get into Pro wrestling?
I started watching Pro Wrestling in my late teens but didn’t start training until I moved to Portsmouth when I was 26 years old.
- Did you family and friends support your decission or were they rather sceptic?
Both my family and friends have always been really supportive. They try and come to shows and watch me wrestler and they have always been great when I’ve had to rearranged plans due to wrestling bookings.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes, I suffered a back injury when I was 15 years old in a hockey match and hadn’t done much sport involving physical contact since so I was unsure if I would be able to wrestle. I remember nervously taking my first back bump, laying there and thinking “my back feels fine, I think I can do this”.
- And what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd for the first time?Were you nervous?
I was really nervous before my first match, I still get nervous now, but nowhere near as bad. I find once my music starts and I first go out, I stop feeling nervous and just enjoy it.
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
There are so many amazing wrestlers out there it is hard to say. I’ve been taught by Mercedes Martinez in a seminar before, I have so much respect for her and love her wrestling style, I’d love to get the opportunity to wrestler her.
- Do you have Pro Wrestling idols, maybe people who have influenced your in-ring style? Or Childhoodheroes?
I love RVD’s style and that has deficiently influenced my in-ring style. Also Lita and Victoria/Lisa Marie have been a massive influence.
- You personal highlight match so far?
I think getting to wrestle Shotzi Blackheart has definitely been a personal highlight. I also really enjoyed wrestling Gisele Shaw.
- When a booker or company from your Country or arround the world will book you where can they contact you?
Social Media or via email: ZanPhoenixPro@gmail.com
- Thank you ver much for your time, do you have some words for your fans?
Massive thank you to everyone who has supported me on this journey so far.