Zora Interview - My dream opponents are currently in Japan
Ring Name: Zora (ゾーラ)
Date of birth: February 23rd
Birth place: Austria
Debut: I debuted for WUW (world underground wrestling) on June 13rd 2021 in Vienna
Trained by: Michael Kovac, Slammerella, Sultanov
Finishers/ Signature Moves: Finisher: Michinoku Driver (Finisher), Signature: Swinging Neckbreaker, Fishermens Suplex
Homepage: (Facebook,Instagram, Twitter,Website) Instagram and Twitter: @zora_wrestling
- Thank you for your approval for this interview for the "Pro Wrestling Interview Series Tour 2022".
Thank you very much for the opportunity!
- Do you remember your first encounter with wrestling?
I can’t really remember my very first encounter, but I remember watching during the Attitude Era, that really was wat sparked my interest in the first place! I was quite young back then and stopped watching for a very long time though.
- Please give us a brief summary of how you got into Pro Wrestling?
As I said I took quite a long break from watching wrestling. I just rediscovered it a few years ago. Luckily that coincided with the womens revolution and I also quickly got into japanese joshi puroresu. All that made me go: „Wow, these women are really rocking it, I wanna do that too!“
- Do you have any previous experience with martial arts from before you became a wrestler or other sports you did?
I have absolutely zero previous experiences with martial arts! All I did before I got into wrestling was running about 3 times a week.
- Can you still recall your first training sessions?
Yes, I can! I remember learning a side headlock, front headlock, and also my very first takedown! It was quite a lot of fun!
- How do you remember your first match, what was the feedback and what experience did you take from it?
It’s not that long in the past so I can remember it quite clearly! The feedback was overall pretty good, even from my main coach Michael Kovac, which meant a lot, since he doesn’t hand out praise if it’s not deserved. That felt really good!
I learned a lot from it, for example that sometimes I can take a little more time with things. And not be too overconfident! :D Maybe I could have won if I’d been a little more focused, but who knows…
- Do you have a ‚dream opponent‘ you want to fight above all others?
I would love to fight Slammerella, who is also one of my trainers. Didn’t happen so far, but I have a feeling that we can just beat the absolute shit out of each other and I’m looking forward to that!
Other than that, a lot of my dream opponents are currently in Japan. I’d have loved to fight Kagetsu one day, but she’s retired now. But yeah, there are quite a lot. I’d love to fight Takumi Iroha once, she’s from a promotion called „Marvelous“, but that thought also kind of scares me, not gonna lie and pretend otherwise :D She’s incredibly hard-hitting, her kicks look like they can take your head straight off! I’d also like to fight Asuka (also called VENY for the western audience), AKARI from Pure-J, Thekla, and various other girls from Marvelous, Stardom, Senjo and so on.
- Do you have personal highlights, favourite matches or feuds so far in wrestling?
I really liked my debut actually! Of course there are some mistakes that I made, some that cost me the match, but over all I am pretty happy with it! Other than that, I don’t have a lot of experiences so far. That is hopefully going to change come 2022!
- What are you doing when you not stand inside the ring?
I practice and play music, I also play actively in a band (@furiousfeedback - if you wanna check it out!). Other than that I try to practice and improve my Japanese every day, even if it’s just a little bit, and I also like to play some video games!
- When a booker or company from your Country or around the world will book you , where can they contact you?
Either via DM on Instagram or Twitter, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you very much for your time ,i wish you all the success and especially health! Some words for the Fans at the end?
Thank you very much and thank you for the interview! I’m currently on the sidelines with a minor knee injury, but I should be good to go in a few weeks time. I hope you all get to see a lot more from me come 2022! Maybe, or hopefully, even in Japan!