Corey Gupton - Interview - The Walking Dead , Black Panther.....
Corey Gupton is an actor, known for The Legend of Ghoma Roi: Enter the Intro (2018) and as Actor in The Walking Dead
Thank you Corey for your spontaneous commitment for the Fans of
- How did you get your role in the AMC Series The Walking Dead? Thanks for having me it’s humbling and I’m glad to bring joy to the fans. Getting the opportunity to film with "The Walking Dead" was pretty interesting. I was roaming through casting companies and starting to get into acting again and saw a posting. Casting directors were looking for a certain look but they didn’t mention what show it was for. Shortly I get an email back saying they liked my look and they’d like to have shoot with “The Walking Dead”. I was like wow really? This is truly something, never looked into it at first.
- Corey , did you watch the show or read the graphic novel, prior to
your casting to The Walking Dead?
I really didn’t see much of it until I began filming with them. I’ve been a comic book guy collecting Incredible Hulk comics mostly.
- When you watched TWD the first time do you ever think that you will be a part in this series some day?
I never imagined I would get the opportunity to act on "The Walking Dead", not at all did I imagine I would.
- You had differnt role´s in TWD,thats right? Kingdom Soldier, Savior? I was first one of the “Saviors” but having a few of us last surviving “Saviors” nearly get killed off a couple seasons ago, we gained a new perspective of life. Some of us joined the forces of good and so that;s how I joined the Kingdom Guards.
- Working with Michone , Carol or one of the Maincast Members will be a dream for every TWD Fan, what can you say about working with some of this guys?
The cast and crew are great to work with, pretty personable and friendly. It’s a blessing to have that chemistry with people you work with. We’re all coworkers, cast, crew, background actors, stand ins, doubles and stunt players all filming to be our best as a unit.
- How much has the series The Walking Dead influenced your life? Can you go outside unrecognized ?
It’s been interesting as some have approached me that knew me before and say they saw me on the series. Others have seen me on other movies and TV programs. They may or may not remember which film but they can usually pick me out somewhere.
- What was the best thing or the funniest moment about working on The Walking Dead? Is there something special you can share with us?
Being able to laugh and have fun with everyone between shots is great. One particular scene some seasons back, everyone had some real high end weapons but I managed to grab a rubber type weapon. We all laughed but fortunately we made it work and it turned out great.
- Team Negan or Team Rick in reallife or maybe a Whisperer?
The actors behind the characters are great, nice to work with. In real life I’d find myself with "Team Rick" protecting the people. I have a heart to serve people as my faith in Yeshua, Jesus Christ has helped me in tough times.
- 2018 you work in the Shortfilm "The Legend of Ghoma Roi" as Damion. What can you tell us about this film from Vinaris M. Scott? It’s a martial arts themed series that tells a martial artist played by Vinaris, going through mental adjustments from his past, which links to his experience as a martial artist and his sensei. He goes on helping some friends of his who land into trouble in which his skills will come into play. I play as Damion, a troublemaker who also may have potential to change his ways. We’re still filming now and it’s going to be a great series to look out for. It's a pleasure working with Vinaris as he is an army veteran and martial artist in real life.
- So far i know you also work in Ryan Coogler´s Marvel´s "Black Panther" ?
Yes it was incredible working with Ryan Coogler in Black Panther. I was one of the many Border Tribe Warriors and we had a blast. It was plenty of work but we enjoyed it. I didn’t work super close with Ryan that time for long conversation with him but his direction to us and vision he expressed to us for the scenes was phenomenal.
- Are you currently working on anything interesting Movie or Series
> outside "The Walking Dead" that you can reveal?
I’ve still got more to come for Vinaris’ “The Legend of Ghoma Roi” series, and made some appearances in a story based on music artist Bobby DeBarge and his family and a film called "Brightburn". I'll be appearing in some possible undisclosed films coming up as well.
- Is there anything else you would like to let The Walking Dead Fans and your fans know?
There's going to be alot of surprises coming up, and I believe many fans will be shocked and pleased.