Interview with the Imperial Officer from Star Wars - Paul Markham
Today i have the pleasure with Paul Markham Paul was in Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi where he appeared as an Imperial Officer in the landing bay scene, when Darth Vader marched on deck. Paul also played in Superman in 1985 and Tim Burton’s Batman. Other notable appearances were in Young Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Elizabeth and Shakespeare In Love, The King's Speech, and no less than three Lucasfilm productions: Labyrinth, Willow and Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade.
Thank you Paul for your time for this little interview.
- Paul you played in one of the biggest SiFi movies of all time,Star Wars, Can you tell how you got cast for Star Wars And how did you get your part assigned?
I went for a casting -ftd costume got part -non speaking part.
- What would you say how much changed Star Wars your life?
Star Wars was out of my life till i stated doing conventions in 2010 -theres suddenly much interest in all things sci fi -inc drwho
- Did you watch over 20 years later the start of the new prequel Movies?
I dont like the prequel movies but looking forward to the new film.
Disney brings with J.J. Abrahms an new generation of Star Wars, what do you think about?
Disney is a massive co they will do the Star Wars brand nothing but good.
- Star Wars is still a great theme and after all this years actors will booked for Conventions all over the world. What do you feel now that you decided to attend conventions and signing autographs for the fans of Star Wars?
I love doing conventions -taken me to Japan -Spain -France -Germany
-What do you remember most of you work in Return of the Jedi?
I remember one incident on set -we were all ligned up wtg for space ship -long days -well one of stomtroopers in white suit which zipped up the back didnt quite make it to toilet -big stain -glad not me -i was imperial officer.
And the set was amazing -massive like an aircraft hanger -Lucas stage still there at Elstree Studios
- One last Question,you played in movies with Christopher Reeve in Superman, Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson in Batman , Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones.What would you say is one of your highlight?
One of highlights would be being near Christopher Reeve -we were filming in Aldwych tube station in London very sad he had that riding accident
-Thank you Paul and when you would you can say some last words to your fans.
MAY THE FORCE BE YOU ALL